Day out Macclesfield area with wheelchair bound friend, ideas please (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not really a motorhoming query, but am sure someone will have an idea, i hope so. Friend in nursing home in Macclesfield 'needs a good day or night out' (not an overnighter) am really stumped for ideas. have spent quite a lot of time today googling. ended up back where i started .
Just want to take her out for a break, something to eat/drink and put the world to rights. Will need to use wheel chair taxi to get about so 10 miles radius of Macclesfield hospital would be best.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One of the biggest car boot sale , every Sunday at chelford, easy to get round if she is into such things, plenty pubs and restaurants around about.

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
If you are looking for somewhere in the country the Goyt Valley is a popular tourist destination and some of the walks are wheelchair friendly. Nearby you have the Cat and Fiddle Pub, there is also a café about half a mile away on the same road and the Shady Oak on Long Hill out of Whaley Bridge.
http://goyt-valley.org.uk/valley-walks/
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...ady_Oak-Whaley_Bridge_Derbyshire_England.html
http://catandfiddleinn.com/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi there is the heritage centre on Roe Street. Bit of a weaving museum and a nice cafe. It's also within easy walking distance of the town centre .St Michaels parish church is usually also open for a coffee in the mornings. Market square is opposite although not much happening last Sunday in the month is a treacle market..local arts and crafts etc and expensive foodies to buy

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Ps lots of nice cafes in Macc around the town centre. Town hall near the market square .lots of info in the foyer for events in Macc. Have a nice tour

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Nearby you have the Cat and Fiddle Pub
Sadly, the Cat & Fiddle is closed, unless something has changed in the last few weeks.

AFAIK the brewery are still open to offers for the tenancy, if anyone fancies a career change. It would be an interesting place to run!

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Sadly, the Cat & Fiddle is closed, unless something has changed in the last few weeks.

AFAIK the brewery are still open to offers for the tenancy, if anyone fancies a career change. It would be an interesting place to run!
I knew it had been closed for a while but someone told me it had reopened. I moved away just over a year ago so I haven't been up there for a while. I've just checked their website and it hasn't been updated for over a year, so you're probably right.

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Thanks all has given me some 'food' for thought. Now to see if home will let me take her out for the day, will speak with her daughter too.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I knew it had been closed for a while but someone told me it had reopened.
Maybe it has - be great news if so. The doesn't look very encouraging though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back