Day out at Aldeburgh (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Had a run out to Aldeburgh today to exercise the van..

Lovely day.. windy but warm.. and surprisingly busy with visiting vans .. shame they don't allow overnight camping.

DSCF2256.JPG DSCF2238.JPG DSCF2239.JPG DSCF2240.JPG DSCF2242.JPG DSCF2243.JPG DSCF2253.JPG DSCF2255.JPG

Last edited:

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
They used to, but as usual a few spoiled it for the rest of us and now its banned :(

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I agree, it's a shame they don't allow you to stay over night anymore. I remember staying one Christmas, I think it was 2009 in our Autosleeper Trooper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
They used to, but as usual a few spoiled it for the rest of us and now its banned :(
indeed.. some years ago we used to 'overnight' on the sea wall.. now they are totally banned from parking ..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
shame they don't allow overnight camping
Are there many businesses nearby which would benefit from motorhomes overnighting Jim? If so you could always write to them pointing that out. Maybe suggest that now they have banished the abusers they might consider a "one night in seven" policy such as Powys has :)

They have always been helpful (often proactive) in making daytime facilities available and publicising them so perhaps they might be up for an experiment over a year/18 months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Graham
yes, plenty of local businesses.. just a 10 min walk away.. Google Map location

I'm sure there are many day visitors in motorhomes who would stay overnight if allowed ... even though we only live 20 miles away, it would be nice to stay overnight.. and would happily pay a reasonable fee.

The problem I envisage is opposition from the owner(s) of Church Farm holiday park, just across the road..

Will certainly consider writing.. can do no harm..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Graham
yes, plenty of local businesses.. just a 10 min walk away.. Google Map location

I'm sure there are many day visitors in motorhomes who would stay overnight if allowed ... even though we only live 20 miles away, it would be nice to stay overnight.. and would happily pay a reasonable fee.

The problem I envisage is opposition from the owner(s) of Church Farm holiday park, just across the road..

Will certainly consider writing.. can do no harm..
Yes, I suppose the holiday park might object. Any approach would, I suppose, have to stress that they serve a different market (especially at the prices they charge and with the minimum stay policy for August) and that those who would stay on the car park would not stay at the holiday park. If it were an experimental scheme any reductions in bookings would, I should think, be reasonably easy to measure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back