Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
A couple of weeks ago one of the day/night blinds string broke and it would not faise or lower.
I bought a rethreding kit online (they are sooooo complicated) and 4 hours later it was back up and functioning as it should ::bigsmile:

My question is: Whilst I had them in bits I noticed just how dirty the day blinds are, can they be cleaned?
. Would I have to take them apart to wash them?
. Are the night blinds washable too?
. What is the best way? bath, dry cleaning, or?
. Would you put them back together wet?
. How do u keep the pleats in after washing?

Cheers

Boo :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Boo

I washed ours in situ with Rug Doctor using the upholstery attachment of the carpet shampoo machine .. came up a treat, left them closed until dry..

Contrary to 'care instructions' the pleats retained the shape and dried fine.. :thumb:

btw

I've fixed nearly all our blinds threads now.. it does get easier :roflmto:

jim

OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Cheers Jim :thumb:

The day blinds look like they are made out of a pvc woven thread.........are they?
If so does that mean ya can use bleach on them?

Yes it was a little confusing as the directions are for 3 different blinds and it would be the biggest blind I have which is a 4 stinger lol! I could prob do it with my eyes shut now :Smile:

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Cheers Jim :thumb:

The day blinds look like they are made out of a pvc woven thread.........are they?
If so does that mean ya can use bleach on them?

Yes it was a little confusing as the directions are for 3 different blinds and it would be the biggest blind I have which is a 4 stinger lol! I could prob do it with my eyes shut now :Smile:

Boo

Hi Boo

can't say for sure.. but I would be vary wary of using bleach .. any fabric or upholstery cleaner should work fine .. like the foam stuff they sell in auto shops for car upholstery in an aerosol ..

jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back