Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
i took my mifi into work yesterday to give it a trial run (we get poor reception at home).

I connected my mac up to it for perhaps two hours. I did some invoicing, sent by email, and received perhaps 12 incoming emails, maybe a little light surfing. Emails are set to be checked every minute (I know a little excessivie)

The data use was 470 downloaded and 35 upload.

The upload was perhaps what I was expecting but the down load by comparison appears massive.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas, or know of any way I can monitor in either real time or to a log what is using all the data?

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
You may have been receiving updates to either windows or one of many apps you have installed. You can help by setting your mifi connection as a metered connection on your pc. Checking for email every minute is excessive but shouldn't use that much if there is no email to download. You can set your email to only download headers automatically and then only view the emails you want to see.
Sorry. Just seen you have a mac, so similar answers apply but I've no idea how you set a metered connection on a mac.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Given the complexity of web pages these days, the size may be surprising. Even an attached photo on email can add a few MB.
However, one point that I discovered when using a Hot-spot on my iPad is this:

The devices connected to the hot-spot (two iphones and another ipad) are set to not download data unless on WiFi, but this is useless - the devices don't know they are on 3/4G, they only see WiFi.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back