Dashcam & satnav compatability (1 Viewer)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Is it just us or do other folks have similar problems?
We have just bought another sat nav, we didn't really need another one but found this Chinese truck one on ebay for the silly price of around £38 and thought I'd give it a try.
I was having problems with it finding satelites and was on the verge of sending it back when I had a light bulb moment and disconected the dashcam and hey presto the satnav found a signal straight away.
I then plugged in another dashcam that we use on a different vehicle and the satnav and dashcam works fine together.
So, Has anyone else had similar problems or is it just our home grown gremlins playing up again?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cant say I have noticed anything.. But only ever used the one dash cam. It is mounted directly above the two GPS units that are on the windscreen

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Gary217.
Punch in Chinese Sat Nav... Or Noza Tech ? in Forums. Loads of advice,all you will ever need. We bought one a few years back when they were £70 plus pounds,LOVE it. Go and have a look see,best of luck.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I can't really say as yet because I only discovered the solution to the problem today. We're not out and a bout much for a few days but once on the road again I can give you better feed back.
I've played about with the menu a bit and it seems fairly good.
One thing I can say is that we live out in the sticks a bit and our more expensive sat nav does not show our property but theis cheap Chinese one does, so that's a plus. I think they work off tom tom mapping so it should be pretty good also it states in the blurb that you get lifetime free 6 monthly updates. It will be interesting to see if that holds up.

One of the reasons I thought of buying this bit of kit is that the cost to update the maps on my other one was about £100 or more, so I thought it worth a go to try this one out at less than half the cost.

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Had the same problem when both devices were positioned fairly close together. I have now moved the dash cam from behind the rear view mirror to the passenger corner of the windscreen and both devices work perfectly. Try separating them as much as possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back