LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Bit of a whinge this.. sorry.. But I have got to vent !

people say they want one..
They go on the list

Now if they change their mind I can understand that
If they decide they do not want one I can understand that
Even if they change their mind after the order has gone in, not a problem at all..

But to simply ignore PM's is to my mind sodding rude ..

What do other think ?

Never mind rude, John, out of order more like!:mad:
You put the effort in to sort it all out, pre-fund it, etc for other members benefit and what do you get!:mad::mad:
Send those you have seen online another pm saying as you didn't respond to previous pm (assuming it wasn't sent 5 minutes ago and it won't have been;)) your unit is now allocated to first on reserve list (and no it ain't me:)!).

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No not yet Lenny
They will proly be here Betwixt Friday and Tuesday next.. :)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Never mind rude, John, out of order more like!:mad:
You put the effort in to sort it all out, pre-fund it, etc for other members benefit and what do you get!:mad::mad:
Send those you have seen online another pm saying as you didn't respond to previous pm (assuming it wasn't sent 5 minutes ago and it won't have been;)) your unit is now allocated to first on reserve list (and no it ain't me:)!).

I have actually tried that but not quite so direct.. still not a peep ( and that was on Sunday ! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have actually tried that but not quite so direct.. still not a peep ( and that was on Sunday ! )
Enough's enough then I would say. Move onto reserve list.
Or given you're such a push over :)whistle::giggle:) one last pm advising no response by (say) 20.00 tonight, sorry but it will go to reserve list.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have decided to simply hang on to them for the time being. Even if they PM me now they have def lost out !
Reason being.. Wellllllll.. I think I made a bit of a cock up with the count but will not really know until the next lot arrive and get sorted out !

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Despite this, in general, being a friendly forum what you have to remember is at the end of the day you are dealing with Joe Public, so what do you expect?

Common decency ?
I have been self employed most of my life.. The last 15 years I did mail order..
Perhaps lucky, perhaps something else.. but I honestly have no recollection of a communique being just blanked when I have contacted someone who has ordered something special..
Maybe its a biker thing.. but then I have always rated motorhomers right there alongside bikers.. Honesty and integrity are the watch words I have always found both groups to use

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i agree John, its bad manners, but I also noticed a lot of NEW or members that rarely post putting in requests. I do hope there are no regular posting members treating you so rudely

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I thought this was going to be about hand signals from other drivers - or voice signals from inside the cab :D

You're right to expect good manners and courtesy in return for your generous time and hard work.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Very rude, but perhaps not. I recently made a purchase on ebay, and was very happy. The familiar email came through, "please leave feedback", now at the time I was up to my eyeballs unpicking a horrendous piece of software that my esteemed colleague had written (you may substitute the words 'screwed up' in place of the word written there). I think to myself, "oh yes, I must do that!"
A week later I get an email from the seller, "Are you unhappy with your purchase?"
Anyway, long story short I left feedback straight away, and sent a profuse apology regarding my absent mindedness to the seller!
It could be that these people are just as rubbish as me, and not being deliberatley rude? :D

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
PM's also come up as an email message with the contents displayed but then as always are people on the net every day.?

BUT no doubt they also come up on Ipads and Iphones and looking around the world these days, 95% of people have their phones permanently stuck on their ears !

Peter

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
They are rude!
I am a member of a group that meet every so often. Everyone is sent an email asking if a planned date is OK? Some don't reply but may turn up when they read the others have OK'd the date. All they have to do is type yes or no and press reply. Is it really so hard to do?

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Yes very rude, it costs nothing for manners.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They are rude!
I am a member of a group that meet every so often. Everyone is sent an email asking if a planned date is OK? Some don't reply but may turn up when they read the others have OK'd the date. All they have to do is type yes or no and press reply. Is it really so hard to do?

I email family/friends & get no replies .:LOL:

Reactions: DBK

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Perhaps you are on their ignore list?

:D

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Only one outstanding now.. had sorry's from others who had seen the pm and put it on the back burner to do later.. thn forgot .. Doodoo happens and no harm done..
The last person is not a newbee .. has been a member almost three years in fact and was on for some considerable time again today

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Very rude, but perhaps not. I recently made a purchase on ebay, and was very happy. The familiar email came through, "please leave feedback", now at the time I was up to my eyeballs unpicking a horrendous piece of software that my esteemed colleague had written (you may substitute the words 'screwed up' in place of the word written there). I think to myself, "oh yes, I must do that!"
A week later I get an email from the seller, "Are you unhappy with your purchase?"
Anyway, long story short I left feedback straight away, and sent a profuse apology regarding my absent mindedness to the seller!
It could be that these people are just as rubbish as me, and not being deliberatley rude? :D
Read above post Daniel :)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
@Jaws When my great uncle died, I had the privilege of being allowed to look through his paper work, both he and I had been researching the family tree for many years. I should point out that my Great Uncle was a very verbose man, who had a particular way with words. I found a letter where he was apologising for not paying a bill for something, and he blamed it on, and I quote "Geriatric inertia!" I am going to remember that phrase and use it as soon as I can :D

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Geriatric inertia! love it, I will tell the boss that next time she sees me sitting down. :LOL:

Ian

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Common decency ?
I have been self employed most of my life.. The last 15 years I did mail order..
Perhaps lucky, perhaps something else.. but I honestly have no recollection of a communique being just blanked when I have contacted someone who has ordered something special..
Maybe its a biker thing.. but then I have always rated motorhomers right there alongside bikers.. Honesty and integrity are the watch words I have always found both groups to use

Give up yer soft old bugger!! you'll have me crying in me beer in a minute.:D

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I have a very simple rule in life "never commit unless your sure you can deliver" If you have (knowingly) made a cock up sort it out immediately. And that Ladies and Gents is instruction on "How to become a pauper" in one easy lesson.:LOL:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have a very simple rule in life "never commit unless your sure you can deliver" If you have (knowingly) made a cock up sort it out immediately. And that Ladies and Gents is instruction on "How to become a pauper" in one easy lesson.:LOL:
Yup. and is exactly why I never take a payment for anything until it is in my hands !!

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Hi first proper post so hello all. If you have a spare please let me know as I am the one who cocked up before!! And probably again

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Heavens...... would not fancy my chances with you lot on the Jury!:)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )