Dash Cam & cheap MicroSD cards (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I recently bought a DashCam and as there was no MicroSD card supplied, I bought a couple of cheap generic 32GB MicroSD cards to use from EBAY. First trip out with it running everything seemed to work fine until I checked the recordings on my PC. The first 2 or 3 hours replayed fine then got error messages saying that the files were corrupt. Simultaneous to this I got a message from EBAY saying that the item I was watching (ie the cheap generic 32GB MicroSD cards) had been withdrawn from sale.
This piqued my curiosity so I contacted the seller and asked if there was a problem with his SD cards to which he replied that No there wasn't a problem with them, offered a full refund and advised me to get a branded MicroSD card, ie SanDisk etc, as cheap cards were susceptible to vibration.I bought a SanDisk card and, touch wood, everything seems fine.
Anyone else encountered problems with cheap cards in DashCams

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not in a Dash Cam but I did post recently about a problem with my Chinese Sat Nav which may have been caused by an unbranded Micro SD card (even though it came from Maplins some time ago rather than on-line).

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
You get what you pay for, I wouldn't buy anything electronic on the cheap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was asked to test a bunch on so called 32g cards advertised on fleabay a few years ago..

They arrived in dribs and drabs over the following 2 weeks... not one tested was 32 gig.. A few were 16g but most were either 4 or 8gig !

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Best buy a branded one, I usually buy from 7dayshop as fleabay and Amazon are full of fakes!!!!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
huge numbers of fake cards about even brand names coming out of china and being sold cheap (but sometimes not) on ebay
I always check with H2testWin before relying on a new card. the program is free to download and use. fake card sellers hate it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back