Sep 1, 2016
Coventry, UK
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All

I'm looking to get front and back dash cam. The front camera with a screen preferably to see what's going on behind. Any advice? What are you using? Wifi or wire?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do you mean two dash cams or a dash cam to record what happens in front and a rear view camera to supplement mirrors?
The dash cam screen shouldn't be live when driving unless it can't be seen by the driver, as it would be a distraction.
For rear view I would definitely go for wired - see note here.

OP
OP
A

Adam73

Free Member
Sep 1, 2016
Coventry, UK
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ideally I'm looking for a front dash cam and a rear view camera to supplement mirrors but I want the rear camera to be able to record and store footage too. Can this Camos Tilt Camera do it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As far as I know the Camos doesn't have a record facility, ours certainly doesn't. I'm not aware of any rear view cameras which do record/store but other people may be.

OP
OP
A

Adam73

Free Member
Sep 1, 2016
Coventry, UK
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I'm a newbie
I did some researching and it seems that the Blackvue DR750-2CH can record and display the video from the rear camera simultaneously. The only thing I'm concerned is the size of the display – it's only 4.0 inches. Not sure if I will be able to see everything clearly on the display. Has anyone used this camera? Is it possible to connect the camera to a larger screen?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back