Dash Cam Advice

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Adam73, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Adam73

Adam73

Hi All

I'm looking to get front and back dash cam. The front camera with a screen preferably to see what's going on behind. Any advice? What are you using? Wifi or wire?

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Do you mean two dash cams or a dash cam to record what happens in front and a rear view camera to supplement mirrors?
    The dash cam screen shouldn't be live when driving unless it can't be seen by the driver, as it would be a distraction.
    For rear view I would definitely go for wired - see note here.

3. Adam73

Adam73

Ideally I'm looking for a front dash cam and a rear view camera to supplement mirrors but I want the rear camera to be able to record and store footage too. Can this Camos Tilt Camera do it?

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

As far as I know the Camos doesn't have a record facility, ours certainly doesn't. I'm not aware of any rear view cameras which do record/store but other people may be.

5. Adam73

Adam73

I did some researching and it seems that the Blackvue DR750-2CH can record and display the video from the rear camera simultaneously. The only thing I'm concerned is the size of the display – it's only 4.0 inches. Not sure if I will be able to see everything clearly on the display. Has anyone used this camera? Is it possible to connect the camera to a larger screen?

[​IMG]