Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Hi I bought this model from Amazon, very pleased with the results so far.

E-PRANCE New Original Ambarella A2S60 Chip Mini 0801 5M pixel CMOS Car DVR Recorder + High Resolution Full HD 1080P 30 FPS, OV2710 + Build-in 8GB Memory + GPS Logger + H.264 + G-sensor + Car License Plate + 135 Degree Wide Angle View

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
It is well worth checking out ' Techmoan ' on the internet. He has tested and demonstrates many of the available models and shows the results. As a result I bought the cheapest good camera according to him from Amazon, a "G1W" for £30 something. plus you always need a small additional memory chip.
Although I can do all of the things you would expect a video camera to do, in practice it now sits on my dash. When I switch on the engine it records everywhere I go and stops when I turn off the ignition. Thats it! If something evil occurred it will be saved by using its system or just disconnecting it. After about three hours it overwrites everything not saved.
They are pretty well foolproof.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
I have the rearview mirror camera tested a few years ago on "Techmoan"

I always carry a spare SD card so if I have an "incident" like I did in Italy last year I just take out the SD card to review/save and put in spare card and drive on with the camera still working

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Dash Cam

Just got a
E-PRANCE New 2.7" 1080 30FPS Car DVR Video Camera + G-Sensor + Car Plate Stamp + MOV + LED Night Vision+ 148 degree wide angles + SOS,Support HDMI/AV Out
from Amazon today.
£39 for camera, about £12 for sd card
First impressions are good. I just had to download a free video player to review the .mov files on my mac. Will put any interesting footage on the blog.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi. I submitted this post a few days ago (See the Tecg/Mech Section). There are photos with the post, but I couldn't re-paste them here. Here's a copy of the post....

I've been umm-ing and arr-ing for a while on whether to buy some form of 'Dash-Cam' for the MH. Despite having a penchant for gadgets and boy's toys, there was the serious side of having video evidence of any incident. Last year, I got rear-ended by a guy in France (before I get the 'lucky you' comments, it was the MH! !) All was kosher, BUT what if he had said that I reversed into HIS vehicle? Wouldn't have a leg to stand on eh?

So the question was, what sort of camera would I get? I made a mental checklist of priorities:-

Not expensive - not too cheap
No adhesive mount stuck on the windscreen
No suction mount that would decay and fall off
A unit that I could easily remove
A unit that couldn't easily be seen from outside the vehicle
Something lawfully compliant that wouldn't obscure the driver's view
Didn't want one with integral GPS
Didn't want one with Bluetooth

Eventually, I avoided the cheap ones on ebay (no offence if anyone has one) and started watching endless videos on the Techmoan website. However, almost all on the website had some limitation or other, either price or functionality.I finally opted for a rear-view mirror mounted jobby.

Beware though; some of these mirror-mounted cam's have their lens fixed and are only suitable for L/H drive vehicles because the lens will only move in concert the mirror angle. Mine has its lens projecting down from the main assembly and is rotatable - almost to 360deg. (you can turn off the video screen and just use it as a mirror when driving. It will just record covertly)

It satisfied everything on my wish list and after a week of using it, I have to admit to being impressed. The main feature that appeals is that it's swappable between vehicles. (At the moment, I've been testing it in the car). It has approx' 2m of 12v cable, terminating with a cigar plug. I've just loose-laid the cable at the mo', but eventually, I will tuck it into the trim when in the MH.

The video quality is pretty good too. Although it can go 1080P HD, I found that to be a bit 'juddery' so I just leave it on 720P which is smooth and captures everything I need. Should also get some nice video of the hols this year.

I bought it from Amazon, (in case I needed to back-it easily!). It is currently on offer at £42.99 (reduced from £78.99). It's made by E-PRANCE and model is, 4.3" 1080P Car DVR Driving recorder/rear view mirror. Takes about 10 days to arrive and the instructions are crap, but easy to set up anyway.

Oh, and you'll need to buy a Micro SD card to go in it. I bought a 32Gb card which gives approx 5 hrs of video. Don't be tempted to buy a cheap card - needs to be a good make and 'Class 10'. I paid 18 quid (which included the larger adaptor) at a local PC World because I couldn't be bothered to shop around!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back