dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
according to the bbc news they put their charges up last night, the barriers are remaining and lifting and dropping for each individual vehicle, what a cock up..

copied and pasted from the bbc news..
Crossing payment system changes
30 November 2014 Last updated at 11:09
_78195728_78195727.jpg
Four expressways in each direction will take the place of the toll booths at the Dartford Crossing
A new payment system has been introduced at the crossing between Kent and Essex.

The payment system at the Dartford Crossing came into force at 06:00 GMT, replacing the toll booths on the Kent side of the crossing.

The current 27-lane system will be replaced by four expressways in each direction and lanes to help turn away vehicles unsuitable for the tunnels.

Charges have increased overnight for cars from £2 to £2.50.

The charge for goods two-axle heavy good vehicles including vans has risen by 50p to £3. Multi-axle good vehicles will now be charged £6 - a rise of £1.

Drivers using a pre-paid account will save up to one third.

Motorists will need to pay for each crossing in advance, or by midnight the following day.

'Not long-term answer'
Motorists have been warned of delays and diversions while work is done to remove the toll booths and barriers.

Nigel Gray, project leader of the free-flow system, said: "Although our scheme will make significant improvements, in terms of congestion, it's not the long term answer.

"We still need to manage demand while we can use the money that we collect here to help build another crossing in the lower Thames region which is what we're planning at the moment."

The Dartford Crossing consists of the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge for traffic heading south from Essex to Kent, and two tunnels for motorists going north between Kent and Essex.

The new Dart Charge will see barriers removed and motorists charged through the use of number plate recognition cameras.

Drivers will be able to pay online, by text message or by phone.

Temporary road layout
The Highways Agency has details of how to pay on its website.

The QEII bridge will be closed from 23:30 GMT until 05:30 on Monday. Traffic will be diverted off the M25 at junction 30 on to the A13 and through the Blackwall Tunnel, before returning to the M25 at junction two on the A2.

From 05:30 on Monday there will be a temporary road layout at the toll booths.

The barriers will not be removed immediately. Instead they will be raised and lowered for each vehicle as way of managing traffic flow at the crossing.

Work is expected to be completed by Spring 2015 on the new road layout.

An average of more than 140,000 vehicles use the River Thames crossing every day.

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
according to the bbc news they put their charges up last night, the barriers are remaining and lifting and dropping for each individual vehicle, what a cock up..

copied and pasted from the bbc news..
Crossing payment system changes
30 November 2014 Last updated at 11:09
_78195728_78195727.jpg
Four expressways in each direction will take the place of the toll booths at the Dartford Crossing
A new payment system has been introduced at the crossing between Kent and Essex.

The payment system at the Dartford Crossing came into force at 06:00 GMT, replacing the toll booths on the Kent side of the crossing.

The current 27-lane system will be replaced by four expressways in each direction and lanes to help turn away vehicles unsuitable for the tunnels.

Charges have increased overnight for cars from £2 to £2.50.

The charge for goods two-axle heavy good vehicles including vans has risen by 50p to £3. Multi-axle good vehicles will now be charged £6 - a rise of £1.

Drivers using a pre-paid account will save up to one third.

Motorists will need to pay for each crossing in advance, or by midnight the following day.

'Not long-term answer'
Motorists have been warned of delays and diversions while work is done to remove the toll booths and barriers.

Nigel Gray, project leader of the free-flow system, said: "Although our scheme will make significant improvements, in terms of congestion, it's not the long term answer.

"We still need to manage demand while we can use the money that we collect here to help build another crossing in the lower Thames region which is what we're planning at the moment."

The Dartford Crossing consists of the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge for traffic heading south from Essex to Kent, and two tunnels for motorists going north between Kent and Essex.

The new Dart Charge will see barriers removed and motorists charged through the use of number plate recognition cameras.

Drivers will be able to pay online, by text message or by phone.

Temporary road layout
The Highways Agency has details of how to pay on its website.

The QEII bridge will be closed from 23:30 GMT until 05:30 on Monday. Traffic will be diverted off the M25 at junction 30 on to the A13 and through the Blackwall Tunnel, before returning to the M25 at junction two on the A2.

From 05:30 on Monday there will be a temporary road layout at the toll booths.

The barriers will not be removed immediately. Instead they will be raised and lowered for each vehicle as way of managing traffic flow at the crossing.

Work is expected to be completed by Spring 2015 on the new road layout.

An average of more than 140,000 vehicles use the River Thames crossing every day.

Yes the new charge is £1.67 pre pay £2.50 any other way. We knew that but they are now by misinformation trying to charge motorhomes as commercial vehicles
https://www.gov.uk/dartford-crossing-fees-exemptions-penalties

As just demostrated by madwife £6 for 3 axles COMPLETELY WRONG!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Right .... have just spoken to Highways Agency who say they DO NOT set the Dart charges and confirmed that motorhomes should be in the exempted class and charged at the same as cars £1.67 on the account £2.50 otherwise.
So it's back on to Dart Charge when I get a minute.
They told me I would be charged £ 1.66p
Phil

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Just spoken to dart charge as I needed to add my sons car. I suspect it's some sort of glitch. I was told it's down as class B so will charged as class B. Will have to wait until we use the MH through the tunnel to find out. I did tell them to expect a lot of calls. When it was the old system at least I could pop down to their offices by the tunnel to sort things out.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just spoken to dart charge as I needed to add my sons car. I suspect it's some sort of glitch. I was told it's down as class B so will charged as class B. Will have to wait until we use the MH through the tunnel to find out. I did tell them to expect a lot of calls. When it was the old system at least I could pop down to their offices by the tunnel to sort things out.
I have just spoken to Dart-Charge for the third time today and although my m/h is shown on my account as "Class B car" they tell me I will be charged the higher price of £2.63.
I have refered them to their own web page, https://www.gov.uk/dartford-crossing-fees-exemptions-penalties ,which definitely states motorhomes are charged at £1.67 so they are now doing some investigation and due to call me back within 48 hours ...... I shall not hold my breath!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
They really do not seem to know their ar&e from their elbow !

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Just checked my account, MH started at Class C, rang them, changed to Class B, tariff became same as car ie £1.67, now shows my MH as Class B but at £2.63.
Perhaps they have "refreshed" date from DVLA ? and it has reset MHs back to Class C tariff?
If they don't sort it soon, the more calls they will get and the more they will get bogged down.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
What with re-dialling, re-dialling and getting dumped off the line because of the "unusually high volume of calls" (what else do they expect :mad:) I finally got through! I wanted to see WHY I couldn't access my account when it should have been migrated from the old Dart-Tag system ages ago.

Should have received an email with a new account number and an access code. Turns out that the problem was that they can't spell!!! They didn't know the difference between hanger and hangar and consequently entered my email incorrectly. This despite me spelling it phonetically. The Kent Dart-Tag people never got it wrong, perhaps they can't spell in Leeds?

They promise to change it within 48 hours so watch this space. I shall be really cross if they then start charging me at the £2.63 rate :mad: .

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Thankfully I don't have to use it any time soon. Hopefully they will have it sorted by the time I need to.
ezee

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
So did I Andy, yesterday, along with the feedback facility, and still not had a response. Having struggled to get back into my account, here's the latest. :eek:

Vehicle details  Change your vehicle details

Registration number
Class Make Model Colour Price per crossing
t8##b## Class B - Cars DUCATO WHITE £5.19

They can shove their £5.19 charge right up their jacksie.

Cheers,

Jock.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
[QUOTE="-penalties ,which definitely states motorhomes are charged at £1.67 so they are now doing some investigation and due to call me back within 48 hours ...... I shall not hold my breath![/QUOTE]

They were coming back in 48 hrs to me but that was two weeks ago don't hold your breath.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Thank you DJA(y)(y)

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Spoke to Dart Charge this morning. The helpful lad said everything is shown as a class B so cannot see why it it showing £2.64. He did point out that as the registration is set as a class B there is only one charge for an on line account class B which is £1.67 so he cannot see how when using the crossing that it would trigger a debit of £2.64. So the only way is to try it and see. Any Funsters who also have issues as to the £2.64 charge listing using the crossing soon can you check your account and see what has been debited within the History section and let everyone know.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
So did I Andy, yesterday, along with the feedback facility, and still not had a response. Having struggled to get back into my account, here's the latest. :eek:

Vehicle details  Change your vehicle details

Registration number
Class Make Model Colour Price per crossing
t8##b## Class B - Cars DUCATO WHITE £5.19

They can shove their £5.19 charge right up their jacksie.

Cheers,

Jock.
Hi Jock, I have now raised this on FB, https://www.facebook.com/dartcharge?fref=nf , might be worth you adding your two penn'orth.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Have also raised this on the Dart Charge Facebook Page this morning, and have been asked for our Reg number for them to investigate. Will see what happens ....

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Class C - 2 Axle Goods HIACE 280 D-4D 95 SWB SILVER £2.63 Van
Class B - Cars Beige £5.19 Motorhome
Class B - Cars SILVER £2.63 Truck with 5 seats
Class B - Cars X5 SPORT D AUTO BLUE £1.67 4x4 Car

After a phone call this morning with 15 minutes on hold I had been told I will only be charged £1.63 for all 3 Class B vehicles.
Not got a lot of faith in that.
Chris

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I see "Keith" has a standard response of please message me your licence plate number and or your account number and I'll look into it for you. Has anyone at all actually had a reply??
I've sent four messages and not even an acknowledgement, it's like "talk to the hand"

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Dart ChargeHi,
Thank you for your query. A minimum balance of £10.00 is required at all times. When setting up an automatic top up; the minimum top up value will be £10. These minimum payment levels have been set to help ensure that pre pay accounts stay in credit and the road user charge can be paid in full each time a crossing is made. Keith.
Like · about an hour ago

lol what a load of crap that means if your account is at £9 then the auto topup will charge £10 to your account meaning they now have £19 quid of ya cash it should be up to us when we want to set the topup at

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jock, I have now raised this on FB, https://www.facebook.com/dartcharge?fref=nf , might be worth you adding your two penn'orth.
Many thanks for the "heads up" Brian. (y) I've added a post referring to the above. :(

If that line of communication is the same as their other online channels of communication, I'm going to suffocate sometime very soon. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I see "Keith" has a standard response of please message me your licence plate number and or your account number and I'll look into it for you. Has anyone at all actually had a reply??
I've sent four messages and not even an acknowledgement, it's like "talk to the hand"

I wonder if "Keith" really exists or is a nom de plume!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
keith is a autobot lol

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Dart ChargeHi,
The minimum threshold is £10 because this covers 6 trips (for a car). We want to give drivers enough time to top their account up to avoid incurring penalties. When it goes below £10 whether it updates automatically or by customer depends on customer choosing auto top up and manual top up. Auto top up is recommended. Keith
Like · 13 minutes ago

what a load of crap most people wont cross that many times in a a year

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Set up mine as manual, I will be emailed when balance is £5 or less. Begun with £10, but still showing Class B at £2.63 !!

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I have just spoken to Dart-Charge for the third time today and although my m/h is shown on my account as "Class B car" they tell me I will be charged the higher price of £2.63.
I have refered them to their own web page, https://www.gov.uk/dartford-crossing-fees-exemptions-penalties ,which definitely states motorhomes are charged at £1.67 so they are now doing some investigation and due to call me back within 48 hours ...... I shall not hold my breath!

They obviously have no idea Brian. We will have to wait until someone crosses to actually see what they charge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back