Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Phone number is 0300 300 0120.

Yesterday I tried to register via their website. It would not let me put my address in and then would not let me move to the next page because the address was not in!!!!! Phoned them up and sorted it in 5 minutes.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have just spoken to dart charge on that number and was told that according to DVLA
ALL MOTORHOMES are to be charged as a band C, as it is the chassis that is classified not the purpose it is used for. ie HGV in my case as it is 3860kg
I am now completely confused because others on here are down as class B ?????????????????
Do I ring back later and speak to another person?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ring back ( more bloody money ) and quote their OWN web site !!!!

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I have just spoken to dart charge on that number and was told that according to DVLA
ALL MOTORHOMES are to be charged as a band C, as it is the chassis that is classified not the purpose it is used for. ie HGV in my case as it is 3860kg
I am now completely confused because others on here are down as class B ?????????????????

Send them a link to this:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dartford-crossing-vehicle-classes

Motorhomes - Class B

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Website 0, Humans 1!

The website refused to take a King's Lynn address from their own postcode drop down!!!! I just kept going in circles!

Called the registration line, all sorted by a V 1.0 female human app!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
and so far I STILL do not exist !!
I think I have just lost my tenner

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
and so far I STILL do not exist !!
I think I have just lost my tenner

Have you checked for a confirmation email John?

Mine went straight to the spam folder due to Gmail having a high number of emails from that sender being reported as spam!
They are unspammed and in my inbox now!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You need to ring back and talk to someone else. Unless it is a conversion from a commercial vehicle, in which case the records might be hard to correct, all motorhomes are class B. I rang to confirm and the person (non overseas call centres......) confirmed that yes if it is registered as a motorcaravan then it is class B

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ohj I have the mail, have a dart Tag, had a letter with all the numbers on it..
Dart Tag ( the original and current company ) have it all on record no problem..
They say ring the 0330 number and get it moved over.. Ring the 0300 number and they have absolutely no record of the account even though ( according to the dart tag people ) it should have transferred this morning.
The new lot are trying to be helpful and have assured me they will look in to the issue and ring me back.
The chap was absolutely honest said I was not alone, and while the call back SHOULD be within 24 hours there were so many problems that could well extend to 72 hours

Sooo.. just sitting waiting now..
No worries.. I am being entertained by watching the step on the van .. waiting for the bloody thing to pop out again ! LOL !!!

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Found this on Sanef web site: 'The new payment service is called Dart Charge and is operated by Sanef Operations, a sister company of Sanef Tolling.
If you currently have a Sanef Tolling Liber-t tag for the French autoroutes it currently can not be used to pay the Dart Charge, should this change an email would be sent out to all our customers.' - So hold off if you have a French tag and no early plans to use Dartford - you maybe getting a e-mail soon !!!:whistle: Might be a long wait!

Brian

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i registersd a couple of weeks ago and forgot to ring and get the class of the motorhome changed so tried this morning first operater po9ssibly ofshore said motorhomes are class c after arguing with the screen reading robot for a few minutes i asked to speak to a supervisor after several minutes of more screen reading qoutes he finally agreed motor home should be classb he then said it wasnt their fault and i had to speak to dvla so i did that dvla confirmed i was a motor caravan and all was correct their end
rung dart again this time i got english operator who understood the problem and would phone me back has she heck

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Andddd.
As promised I have just had a phone call from them.
A really nice, easy going mild voiced chap sorted out all the issues with total ease !!
Tis a done deal !!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Go to the newer thread, on the same thing for what happened next to my call

Shovelheadrob

Free Member
Jul 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Soon to be 5th wheeler
Exp
On & off for 20 years
Well I had to write to them & send a couple of photos to get my work van/crewbus changed, there contact system is absolutely useless, just got an email back today confirming that I was correct, no apology for my wasted time & the fact that the customer service person I spoke to had refused to let me speak to a supervisor, but at least it's sorted now.

Martin OSullivan

Free Member
Sep 7, 2013
Hornchurch Essex
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Self Built
Exp
Just for info I put my Autotrail Chieftain tag axle on last night and at automatically put in car class so maybe they have now amended their system, or maybe I was just lucky??

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Went thru today. Queued up and no charge! Lynne said go online- no signs at all to say to pay! Only by going onli e did we find out there was a charge.
Paid online. Class b. Will avoid from now on.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just registered on line and put £20 credit on the account. The 5.9t van plus two small cars were all categorised as B. Seemed straightforward enough.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just for info I put my Autotrail Chieftain tag axle on last night and at automatically put in car class so maybe they have now amended their system, or maybe I was just lucky??
I did mine about 2 weeks ago ( same MH as you ) and it did it straight away too (y)

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I've got the postal forms here, only info they want about vehicles is class.............no reg no's etc ??
So am I right in thinking car and Mh are same class......B ?

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
yes same class but there must be somewhere for reg number as that's what the camera system works on

That's what I thought,.............would be the only way of I'd-ing vehicle etc;
Have to look again, tomorrow..........if there is, it's certainly not obvious. far more of form is taken up with applying for a Dartford residents permit.........

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
No......................on the printed application form there IS'NT anywhere to registed a vehicle registration no !!!!!!

If I was a Dartford resident and was applying for residents discount there is on their form...............:whistle:

Going to have to phone them..........(n)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I think I've found the fix. Ours was registered as class C so I deleted the vehicle in my account. I then immediately added it as another vehicle and its now class B. :)

If it works for you it will save you a lot of hassle on the phone.

What a fiasco!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back