Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Does anybody know if there is a toll charge on New Years day on the Dartford crossing? I see it is free at night but it doesn't mention about bank holidays.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi Ed, cannot help with the tunnel, but mind you don't stray into the LEZ unless your motorhome is on the approved vehicles list. £200 per day fine otherwise. Happy New Year

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
:Eeek:How much:Eeek: I did have a look & I put my reg number in & it said '04/02/2008 No data available.'
'31/12/2008 Compliant'
So I think I'm ok for that but wasn't planning on going into London, it's just the Dartford crossing works out about 13 miles shorterthan going the other way around so if there isn't a toll it is margainally cheaper.
Van packed full, unusal as we normally go with the van empty & come back full :RollEyes: might just make it to France before a euro is worth more than a pound :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Kon tiki;:RollEyes: might just make it to France before a euro is worth more than a pound :Sad:[/quote said:
too late it dipped below a Euro yesterday and forcast to continue falling.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
and they say the Scots are tight.. :roflmto:
it's only £1.50 ... :RollEyes:
Just thinkin' that myself Jim.

Dartford crossing is possibly the cheapest toll anywhere in UK!! I see KonTiki is from North Wales so maybe he thinks the toll across the river near Barmouth is expensive! :RollEyes:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Now britain will become the booze cruise destination of choice from Europe. Fuel cheaper here as well where has it all gone wrong. The world is turned upside down.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Now britain will become the booze cruise destination of choice from Europe. Fuel cheaper here as well where has it all gone wrong. The world is turned upside down.
Belgium has always been the place to tank up before coming back into UK, and still is......at least for diesel.

Latest price at 30.12.08 was 85pence a litre.

gasoline-germany.com - International Gas / Petrol / Diesel prices - Belgium

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
The Dartford tunnel is now free to all traffic everyday between 10 Pm and 6 Am .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Excellent news, though not before time. The toll barriers at the bridge are like a damn Grand Prix at times.

Is it Boris to be congratulated.....or was it Kens idea?

Neither, AFAIK it has always been free at that time.. but watch out, now the news is out you will get knocked over with the stampede of Welsh and Scottish motorhomers trying to save £1.50 :roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back