Dartford crossing (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Another newbie type question ,we have just passed over the dartford crossing on our way to the shuttle and there are signs saying we have to pay the congestion charge online Am I being stupid I guess the big red c signs mean congestion , I did pay the crossing charge on line and have not left the M25

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No you don't have to pay the congestion charge.

The big red C signs do mean congestion charge but they are there to warn you that in certain places the congestion charge zone starts very soon after you leave the motorway.

If you paid the crossing charge and didn't leave the motorway you're fine.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's the Low Emission Zone you really have to watch if you have an older vehicle. That extends past the M25 in certain places, including just North of Dartford. As soon as you leave the motorway if you're in a non compliant van you're in it and you pay. £100 per day.

It's pretty difficult to stray into the congestion charge zone without realising though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Howard,
If you log on to your account at

https://www.dartford-crossing-charge.service.gov.uk/Security/SignIn

Once you enter your details and password it should take you to a page called "Account Home" select "Crossing History" and your crossing will be recorded that you have paid and its one less worry. They are usually added to your account within a couple of hours of crossing.
Enjoy your trip
Sorry, I am presuming you have set up an account and not merely gone online and paid for the crossing.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks Nicknic , that's great and thanks Namwaldog all good information. Just settled in at Keats farm Folkstone before the train early tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Nicknic , that's great and thanks Namwaldog all good information. Just settled in at Keats farm Folkstone before the train early tomorrow.
Enjoy your holiday and safe travels:france:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The BIG RED C means charge. There are plenty waiting to catch you.. Dartford Toll to be paid by next day THE LEZ penalty of £1000 if not compliant over 3500kgs and the congestion charge in the inner London area, I hope nobody wants to go there with a MH.
The M25 has no charges other than the Dartford Toll and you should really have set up an account to pay it automatically. JUST DON'T GO DOWN THE A13 if you are not compliant.

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
The BIG RED C means charge. There are plenty waiting to catch you.. Dartford Toll to be paid by next day THE LEZ penalty of £1000 if not compliant over 3500kgs and the congestion charge in the inner London area, I hope nobody wants to go there with a MH.
The M25 has no charges other than the Dartford Toll and you should really have set up an account to pay it automatically. JUST DON'T GO DOWN THE A13 if you are not compliant.

If you use the Dartford crossing between 10pm and 6am no need to pay it is free

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back