Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Got the attached leaflet enclosed with a Road Fund Licence reminder today.

Sorry the pic is sideways, I've rotated it a number of times prior to posting, but it won't have it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 141

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
this ok

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 111
Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
They've been sending them out to Dart Tag account holders for a couple of weeks now.

The new system will work the same way as the London Congestion Charge AutoPay system, which works very well. No need to carry cash / find somewhere to pay / remember to pay etc :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
bang goes free crossing between 22.00 (10pm) and 06.00:cry:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I am happy to pay £2 without the 10 mile queue I usually experience Southbound. It has been a national disgrace and huge pollutant for far too long. Greedy barstewards!!

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
we live too close to the damn bridge when traffic backs up we get blocked in :Angry::Angry::Angry:with every one trying to bypass the hold ups by going along the B186:Sad:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bloody brilliant I must say..
Another pain in the bum just to save a few quid

Sorry.. it works brilliant if you are a regular user or have access to a computer, but there are MANY MANY people who do not and for those they are going to have to find somewhere that takes a payment.. So that increases the cost of the crossing by the amount of fuel used.
If you live out in the sticks it is a real problem for some.

To me it is a crock of doodoo

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You can pay on the phone or by text . Anyone who doesn't have a mobile these days has already lost the plot, even my 80 year old mother can manage the phone

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well you can pay by phone it says. I hope so because as we don't have mifi etc

Think you can phone but if you have to press option numbers we'll be stuffed. (never found out how to get the keyboard up whilst making a call - doesn't tell you how)

Or wait till we are in France and find a McDonalds I spose to use the lappy.

Coming home no prob as we could do it next day at home.

Otherwise it will be an expensive do, with all the fines we'll rack up for non payment.

Having said that, means Pete will find a way! LOL He hates parting with cash for nothing !

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
we live too close to the damn bridge when traffic backs up we get blocked in :Angry::Angry::Angry:with every one trying to bypass the hold ups by going along the B186:Sad:

Our office is opposite the Ibis hotel and those who live in Kent always look nervously at the traffic queue over the bridge come 5pm. No better the other way, especially if an accident at J30......... Horrible

Nothing in my dart tag yet, but assume that I can still use it when the time comes. Would be nice if I could link accounts so we could just drive through in the van and simply get billed for it on the tag account for the car. Too much to hope for, I suppose

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Thats my overtime down the pan then :Sad: no more racking up the hours :Sad::Sad:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Bit of a far cry from the original promise that toll fees for the bridge would be rescinded when the cost of building the bridge had been met. I think that was achieved 11 years ago......
Still, it could be worse. Tolls for a similar type of bridge in Normandy are over £6 a go.
Allan

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hmmmmm ......

I had one of these with my tax reminder in the motorhome I received Friday. I have a Dart tag which we use in both our cars and the motorhome (which is charged at same rate as a car). Convenient and saves us money. I think we will be able to continue to use it sounding by the comment at the bottom of the leaflet. However if it is linked to only one car number that will be a right pain.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We have two dart tags linked to our account. I think when the change come in you just need to register which cars you want linked to your account. Or that's how I read it. We live closer than most on the Kent side but because we live 150 yars inside the Boundary we are in the London Borough of Bexley it means we don't qualify for the free 50 crossings a year and also we can't keep our van on the drive because of the LEZ. Whenever there is a problem with the crossing we cannot get out of our road due to the traffic.

I gave complained but got the newer it's easier for admin to just use Dartford as the boundary. I live 2 miles from th bridge and pay. People oh live 10 mikes away but in Dartford font pay. Does not seem fair to me. Rant over.

Sonja

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Hmmmmm ......

I had one of these with my tax reminder in the motorhome I received Friday. I have a Dart tag which we use in both our cars and the motorhome (which is charged at same rate as a car). Convenient and saves us money. I think we will be able to continue to use it sounding by the comment at the bottom of the leaflet. [HI]However if it is linked to only one car number that will be a right pain.[/HI]

You can have multiple vehicles on your account:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dart-charge-dartford-crossing-remote-payment

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Do they pay road tax ? And our diesel prices?

No and no. They pay tolls only if they need to. Last week in Brittany, we bought diesel for £1.26, just over £1 a litre.....

Allan

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Bit of a far cry from the original promise that toll fees for the bridge would be rescinded when the cost of building the bridge had been met. I think that was achieved 11 years ago......
Still, it could be worse. [HI]Tolls for a similar type of bridge in Normandy are over £6 a go[/HI].
Allan

Unless you ride a motorbike.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back