Dangerous driving by motorhome on A34 (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Just had 10 great weeks driving through Spain, Portugal and back into Spain, witnessed some idiotic car drivers as seem the norm especially in Portugal. But early afternoon South of Oxford today a motorhome driver did his damnest to spoil my day. On a gentle hill I started indicating I was going to pull out to overtake a slower moving motorhome, behind I could see a motorhome in the fast lane some way behind, I pulled out and overtook with plenty of room. By the time I completed this the following motorhome was literally tailgating me, pulled back into inside lane this guy came alongside pulled a short way in front then chopped me off pulling into my lane making me brake heavily to avoid hitting him. It didn't end there he then slowed to 45mph bunching everyone up behind, I indicated and pulled into the fast lane, yep as I got alongside, no indicators he forced me to brake heavily by pulling across in front of me then slowing down to 40 mph. I pulled back into the slow lane he did the same chopping me off again then left at the junction. Unbelievably dangerous driving, obviously he is desperately in need of anger management.
So if anyone reading this is the culprit of the pale blue metallic 13 plate Burstner I have it all on video and am contemplating what to do with it. It could lose them their license for dangerous driving. Will have access to laptop tomorrow so will post a few photos from the video. It did shake us up what an end to our fabulous holiday.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just had 10 great weeks driving through Spain, Portugal and back into Spain, witnessed some idiotic car drivers as seem the norm especially in Portugal. But early afternoon South of Oxford today a motorhome driver did his damnest to spoil my day. On a gentle hill I started indicating I was going to pull out to overtake a slower moving motorhome, behind I could see a motorhome in the fast lane some way behind, I pulled out and overtook with plenty of room. By the time I completed this the following motorhome was literally tailgating me, pulled back into inside lane this guy came alongside pulled a short way in front then chopped me off pulling into my lane making me brake heavily to avoid hitting him. It didn't end there he then slowed to 45mph bunching everyone up behind, I indicated and pulled into the fast lane, yep as I got alongside, no indicators he forced me to brake heavily by pulling across in front of me then slowing down to 40 mph. I pulled back into the slow lane he did the same chopping me off again then left at the junction. Unbelievably dangerous driving, obviously he is desperately in need of anger management.
So if anyone reading this is the culprit of the pale blue metallic 13 plate Burstner I have it all on video and am contemplating what to do with it. It could lose them their license for dangerous driving. Will have access to laptop tomorrow so will post a few photos from the video. It did shake us up what an end to our fabulous holiday.
Publish it and report it to the police the driver is an axsehole ..

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Let's get the video posted on here, then we can spread the word across all our other sites and then I'm pretty sure someone will pick up on it and pass on details.

Defo needs reporting or we'll all be tarred with that brush and the idiot will end up causing an accident for sure:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Thanks all have taken card out of camera and inserted spare so have safe. Cannot believe stupidity of his actions especially when he chopped me up first time it was literally inches from hitting him in around his side rear hab window the angle was so acute, madness and at 55mph.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
I'd pass to police too. Sure, naming and shaming on Facebook is gratifying, but doesn't potentially cost the guy his licence (assuming he's got one). If you post on social media first, you might jeopardise the prosecution case

(Note - I am not saying publishing on social media will give the police a problem, but it might help him find some pathetic technicality that makes the case collapse despite guilt)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
This happened to me I was driving a mini and the other vehicle was a artic we phoned the tel number on the lorry
And spoke to the owner who was very helpful we gave the Reg plate he said he would investigate. next day he phoned and said he had reprimanded the driver and given a warning
we should have pH police but I didn't have a dash cam
It was busy .dark . On a moterway and very frightening. yes report the moterhome.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
If the car driver in the news recently who has dashcam evidence of a guy doing a U-turn and driving into him head on can't get the CPS to prosecute, then I think that approach in this case is also unlikely to go anywhere.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Lets assume MH was being driven by a delivery driver? Some innocent purchaser could find he has bought a "marked" vehicle if his number plate was published.
But tell the Police, as they could trace the driver from current keeper/dealer records.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
If the car driver in the news recently who has dashcam evidence of a guy doing a U-turn and driving into him head on can't get the CPS to prosecute, then I think that approach in this case is also unlikely to go anywhere.
Apparently the reason the CPS didn't take that case to court is because the driver couldn't be identified. Quite appalling case of road rage though

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
like the rest-report to the police-At least then they are aware if he then causes any further issues

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
You witnessed a series of criminal offences which threatened your life.
You have video evidence; surely you should be reporting that to the Police immediately?
How are you going to feel if you don't and that criminal driver carries on behaving like that until he kills of maims other victims?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Make a copy of your original sd card.
Contact the relevant police constabulary
Ask them for the ICAD number
State you wish to make a statement in relation to dangerous driving as you, as a reasonable driver, consider his driving standard to be well below that which is expected.
Allow the police to investigate.

Then, when they cant find the driver (what a crock that is - The owner has to name the driver) there can be no harm in putting up the video as there is nobody to claim their civil liberties have been infringed.
Further, it might devalue their motorhome (if it wasnt stolen) as not many would want to buy a motorhome which has its own video on youtube with links all over the place.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
There have been so many bad accidents on the A34 recently that the police might well be interested. Show it to them.

Jeff and terri

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Ford transit twin wheel
Exp
3 years
Lets assume MH was being driven by a delivery driver? Some innocent purchaser could find he has bought a "marked" vehicle if his number plate was published.
But tell the Police, as they could trace the driver from current keeper/dealer records.
Totally agree a innocent person may purchase a mh that has been slated all over the Internet . I think if you report date time and reg then at least the person who was responsible at that date and time can be dealt with by authorities, whether they do anything is another matter

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
copy for the police & a copy for us(y)
May not have been a motor homer but someone delivering to show or seller?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Do as you feel you must but do not expect much from the police. Their own video evidence is questioned in court.
It's going nowhere and if it was the most you would get is a possible without due care.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back