Free Member
Apr 1, 2017
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
bailys AA 740
Exp
5 years
hi can anyone help with advice , bought a new Baily motorhome AA740,2016 took it for first habitation check back to dealers , and found 40% damp, we had planned to tour Scotland this year , then over to Europe till next march ,we have moved out of our house and rented it out, so are homeless all down to dealer saying it has damp !!
do we have any rights , also the dealer said they are not meant to be lived in that long .
how do I stand legally ??? xx

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Couple of questions to try and understand.
Where is the damp?
how big are the 40 % areas?
where is the damp coming from ?
is it coming from internal or external?
I assume you received a drawing with the readings on it, bay be good to scan that so people can understand the issues.
If you understand what's making it damp and change something so it isn't getting damp it will probably start to dry and the 40% readings could come back under control

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It could well be just condensation from living in it over the winter. Ventilation here is the key to reduce it.
As above, you should have a diagram showing the areas and percentages of the damp areas and then you have a better chance of assessing the cause.
Of course, it could be damp getting in from outside, if so, then whether you are living long term in it or not is irrelevant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

luby

Free Member
Apr 1, 2017
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
bailys AA 740
Exp
5 years
thank you allan
yes I have a diagram its at the back , dealer said they are not meant for long term living ,i said we bought van to do a year trip around Europe,x

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
hi can anyone help with advice , bought a new Baily motorhome AA740,2016 took it for first habitation check back to dealers , and found 40% damp, we had planned to tour Scotland this year , then over to Europe till next march ,we have moved out of our house and rented it out, so are homeless all down to dealer saying it has damp !!
do we have any rights , also the dealer said they are not meant to be lived in that long .
how do I stand legally ??? xx
It's worth investing a few hundred pounds and seeing a solicitor - get proper professional advice

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back