Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Can anyone help with damp staining please.

I had a damp patch last year due to a roof vent leaking, this was repaired but I'm still left with a stain inside.

Is there any sort of spray / paint on the market that I can use.

It would need to match of course.

Alan

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
If it's like our Bessie (which had the same prob from new) there are 2 ways of doing it.

The roof panels are actually papered! (I say paper, because it took us the next few months to clean the odd splodges of wallpaper past off God knows where in the van that we kept finding, though none were actually obvious when we had it done) and you can either cut it and paper round all the wall cupboards etc or you can take all the wall cupboards and anything else out, and replace the whole panel (s)

Being as it was like it from new - the stain got progressively worse - we opted for the latter so Swift had it back to the factory and did it for us. Meanwhile, all the stuff - mattress, seat cushions and backs, curtains and every bit of everything out of every cupboard and locker, was stacked up in our hall. Thank God we have a large hall you could hold a small dance in! (You used to be able to hold a small dinner dance, but we made it smaller LOL)

I imagine you would get the (matching) stuff from Swift, via a dealer? if you want to tackle it yourself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back