Damp in ceiling Autocruise (1 Viewer)

polobonnie

Free Member
Jan 14, 2010
Harefield, Middlesex
Funster No
Exp
6 years
I have recently discovered damp in the celing of my Stargazer - of course as Autocruise are now owned by someone else, they will not honour the warranty.
Any ideas on a solution for stopping the damp, please? - I think it must be from where the cab and van join.
Thanks
Polobonnie

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

Make sure its not condensation in the pod, if it is, put some foam rubber insulation or bubble wrap in it.

You are welcome to bring it down to us and we will have a look at if for you, regretably not under warranty.

Peter

Upvote 0

joggerman

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Since 2004
Hi,

Make sure its not condensation in the pod, if it is, put some foam rubber insulation or bubble wrap in it.

You are welcome to bring it down to us and we will have a look at if for you, regretably not under warranty.

Peter

peter,
Sorry for the late question on this post, but exactly how would you use the bubblewrap/foam?

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

Obviousley I dont know how badly this is affecting your mh or why it is happening.

Can I please warn you dont mess with damp. Get it seen to by somebody who nows what their doing. It may cost you but it may cost a lot more in the long run if its not taken care of.

I had a leaking washer on a pipe joint under the shower tray which caused water to run under the floor covering (unseen), right through the bathroom and kitchen.

I had to have the lot taken out and renewed complete with new steel support work under the mh to take the new floor. All for the sake of a washer.

Jim

:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just place in tthe dome as tempoary insulation for the cold months ie Jan to Oct:thumb:

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I was mearly answering Joggers and haganaps question, re Johnscross(peters)Suggestion
Ive no more idea what tthe cause is,than the man in the moon from this distance:Doh:

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just an after thought, it would have to be some leak under the shower to cause a damp ceiling:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I was mearly answering Joggers and haganaps question, re Johnscross(peters)Suggestion
Ive no more idea what tthe cause is,than the man in the moon from this distance:Doh:

You never know Geo, that man in the moon may just have the answer and it was a full one the other night as the nurses on the ward that June works on will testify. Spooky :winky:

Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Now youre being a tad mischevious Geo. As I recall it I didnt find it so funny as you do at the time.

Jim
:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
You say you recently discovered damp ! Have you used a damp meter to find it ? if so what are the readings ? In what area is the damp ?

Mark

Upvote 0

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
The over cab area on my Challenger has puddles in it in cold weather due to there being no insulation on the fibreglass of the pod. It has been suggested that sit mats or similar closed cell foam could be cut up and glued to help alleviate the problem.
Meanwhile air the area whenever possible to prevent mold and other unwanted results.

Upvote 0

joggerman

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Since 2004
The over cab area on my Challenger has puddles in it in cold weather due to there being no insulation on the fibreglass of the pod. It has been suggested that sit mats or similar closed cell foam could be cut up and glued to help alleviate the problem.
Meanwhile air the area whenever possible to prevent mold and other unwanted results.

Just a suggestion .....

Gluing foam to the pod ceiling could be tricking, except for an instant contact adhesive, which might also react with and melt the foam.
Personally I would use a roll of professional double sided carpet tape. Incredibly useful stuff for loads of jobs and it sticks like s**t to a blanket. It would allow you to choose the best type of foam without the risk of destroying it. Not sure how it would react to heating up in the sun though, although it would be easy to test.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back