Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Due to a change in our Spanish property (drive size); plus a desire to change how we motorhome and holiday, after much thought and consideration we have decided to downgrade in size from our Comanche to a CLV (PVC) VLine.

We had changed from our 2010 Comanche to a 2015 last year. During the exchange our 2010 model was soft with damp in the garage which hit values as we traded up :(

Well lightening has hit twice, our 2015 model has also been identified with the same damp challenge in the same location; however, as under warranty we did not have to take a hit - in fact the dealer has been a star.

So Gosh, all change and phew...!!

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
A PVC will still leak. Our IH had two when we bought it. Rear window and sliding door window.
I agree, these areas can still leak, but hopefully such problems are relatively minor and easily fixed if spotted in time, when compared to major ingress in to a floor, roof or side panels of a coach built.
I had the seals of a Heki go on my Bolero and the disruption caused to replace the rear roof section was one of the reasons I've decided to go down the PVC route.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I agree, these areas can still leak, but hopefully such problems are relatively minor and easily fixed if spotted in time, when compared to major ingress in to a floor, roof or side panels of a coach built.
I had the seals of a Heki go on my Bolero and the disruption caused to replace the rear roof section was one of the reasons I've decided to go down the PVC route.

We had an Autotrail that leaked and this was also part of the reason for moving to a PVC.

Donties

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
swindon
Funster No
MH
autotrail vline
Exp
since 1994
I downsized too from a coach built that leaked like a sieve. bought a 635 and love it and hopefully less chance of leaks or major damage caused by any leak

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can I ask what happened to the Hymer Exsis that you have listed in your profile?
That would be a good comremise not much wider than a PVC but much more room inside.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
These two change vans more often than I change my lucky underpants.....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back