Damp checks (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I've looked through all the past 6 years of damp checks and reports. One thing I've noticed is that on some reports the % can be 19 or 20% with a recommendation to re check in 3 months. Then at re check time the readings are down at 8 or 9%.

So is it operator error or possibly time of year or different damp meters ?

Over the last six years the damp reading generally have crept up a little to around the 10% on average.

Reactions: SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I was told after my last service etc that the floor readings were higher and that it could have been caused by wet weather a couple of days prior to being tested! Recommended also that it should be checked externally in three months, remembered a couple of days ago but didn't get around to it and now its drizzling in El Berro in Spain! Lovely campsite here btw, will wait for warmer weather and try then but I'm happy with Scotjimland's explanation and not too worried :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
The time of year makes a big difference, temperature in the van,ventilation etc all have an impact. A qualified engineer can interpret what they see.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Folks had their hab check done last year and had some alarming results in one area. Had a look myself as I couldnt see how they were possible...as there is no wood in that area

So had a dig around and could not find any evidence of anything damp with my own meter...but there was is a gas pipe:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back