Damp checks

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by BusyBuilder, Feb 4, 2016.

1. BusyBuilder

BusyBuilder Funster

I've looked through all the past 6 years of damp checks and reports. One thing I've noticed is that on some reports the % can be 19 or 20% with a recommendation to re check in 3 months. Then at re check time the readings are down at 8 or 9%.

So is it operator error or possibly time of year or different damp meters ?

Over the last six years the damp reading generally have crept up a little to around the 10% on average.

• Like Like x 1
  2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Probably a bit of all three.. but seasonal changes are quite normal

• Like Like x 1
  3. SMB

SMB Funster

I was told after my last service etc that the floor readings were higher and that it could have been caused by wet weather a couple of days prior to being tested! Recommended also that it should be checked externally in three months, remembered a couple of days ago but didn't get around to it and now its drizzling in El Berro in Spain! Lovely campsite here btw, will wait for warmer weather and try then but I'm happy with Scotjimland's explanation and not too worried :)

4. ubuntu1

ubuntu1 Read Only Funster

The time of year makes a big difference, temperature in the van,ventilation etc all have an impact. A qualified engineer can interpret what they see.

5. bungy

bungy Funster

Folks had their hab check done last year and had some alarming results in one area. Had a look myself as I couldnt see how they were possible...as there is no wood in that area

So had a dig around and could not find any evidence of anything damp with my own meter...but there was is a gas pipe:rolleyes: