tw1nklestar

Free Member
Sep 19, 2015
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
What are the thoughts on a reading of 24% and a bit of rippling on outside back wall? ??

If it needs checking can anyone advise how to go about getting someone to do a proper test. In Manchester area

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
What are the thoughts on a reading of 24% and a bit of rippling on outside back wall? ??

If it needs checking can anyone advise how to go about getting someone to do a proper test. In Manchester area

I have no personal experience with any of the below, but you should be able to get an expert opinion from 1 or more (y)

Broken Link Removed

http://www.advancedmotorcare.co.uk/motorhome-service

http://www.jmrcaravancare.co.uk/http://www.emm-bee.co.uk/service_enquiry.php

Good luck, I hope it is not too serious (y)

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
rippling with a damp reading means trouble I think. did you use a decent meter?

My Euramobil (thankfully covered by a solid 6 year warranty) had this, I never noticed until it was tested if front of me and rippling round the bottom edge of wall pointed out to me. even then i had difficulty recognising the problem

whats the van make and age..have you a warranty?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
READINGS UP TO 15 ISH ARE DEEMED OK ABOVE THAT NEEDS FURTHER INVESTIGATION -24 IS DAMP/wet
terry

Upvote 0

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008

Looking at your "introduction" it looks like you have only recently (September 2015 ish) bought your motorhome, If you bought from a dealer then they should be your first port of call, and see what they say about it.

If you are not happy with their response get it independantly assessed then take it from there.

If you bought privately then it is a different ball game, most likely you will be on your own with it :(.

Again Good luck with it, I hope it is not too serious, but it 100% needs looking at (y)

Upvote 0

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
Checked mine all over, all readings below 15 except around door where it varies from upper 30`s at bottom to high teens at top but only for and inch or two away from door then its low singles

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
You may like to have a read of the new sale of goods act, now called:

The Consumer Rights Act 2015, came into force on 1 October 2015.

Hope you do not have to call on it, but best to be aware.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tw1nklestar

tw1nklestar

Free Member
Sep 19, 2015
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Seems it could be my fault! I have stored a memoryfoam mattress on the over cab bed and the high readings are where the mattress was touching the sides! Taken it out and trying to get airflow etc to dry it out. The walls etc are solid

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Seems it could be my fault! I have stored a memoryfoam mattress on the over cab bed and the high readings are where the mattress was touching the sides! Taken it out and trying to get airflow etc to dry it out. The walls etc are solid

Your hard on yourself...have never removed anything in 25 years.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back