Damon Daybreak wheel nuts

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by dazza, Apr 7, 2009.

1. dazza

dazza Deleted User

Hi, any1 know what size socket we need for our Damon Daybreak wheel nuts, she is on a workhorse chassis powered by GM 8.1 litre V8 2001. Not had a blowout yet and hopefully never will but if we do like my mate did coming back from south of France last year, his passenage front tyre blewout on his holiday rambler in front of me! they changed the wheel within 30 minutes and we were back on our way! we always check the tyre pressures before any trip!

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Come on Boys
    This blokes been standing in the ironmongers for nearly 22 Hrs waiting to buy a socket :Doh:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I can only say what I did..
    if you cannot remove a nut for a sample then take a measurement with callipers across the flats, then go to a tool store and find the equivalent metric size.. I would advise 3/4" drive and buy a T bar and 10" extension piece to reach the rear wheel nuts.

If it's slightly too big or small they will exchange it ..

4. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Sorry don't know the socket size you would need for your vehicle , just measure the distance across the flats of the wheel nut:BigGrin:

Regards

5. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

6. des

des Read Only Funster

hi forestboy,

so, what size is it?

des

7. damondunc

damondunc Funster

wheel nut size

most are 1 inch AF,(you will need a deep socket for the rears) assuming you have a p30 chassis with coil spring front suspension, I did come across one however at the newark show that I suspect has had new wheel nuts fitted which were 1 1/16 AF. (bugsy's rockwood) The wheel trim jam nuts I use a SINGLE hex deep 30mm socket.
    Dunc.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  8. dazza

dazza Deleted User

Sorted! 1 inch socket fits, now to get the wheel nut undone, the wheels have been on it for 9 years!!!