Damon Daybreak 3276 (1 Viewer)

S

Spill........

Deleted User
Hi All,

A little help please, picked up my 3276 a couple of weeks ago from Southampton, and have now tried to register it, last Wednesday went to local DVLA with filled in paper work, advised by the counter assistant that a motorhome doesn't need an SVA so reg document will be back before 21st, Friday 18th recieved a letter stating that all paper work is in order but they would like to inspect the RV and could I possibly bring it to office on 5th August, reminding me that I need to bring it on a trailer :ROFLMAO:

Just come off the phone, they didn't realise it was 36' long :Doh: so a trailer would be a problem, left me on hold for 5minutes then came back to say 'I will need to go to a local friendly garage and lend a set of trade plates' if not I will not be able to register the RV. I advised that several of these models have been previoulsy registered but she is adiment that I've got to get the vehicle there, as they want to check measurements and if the vehicle is to UK standard.

Firstly I think it will be nigh on impossible for a friendly garage to lend me a set of trade, so not sure how I get it there, secondly am I right in assuming that I just need to change red indictors to orange, fit fog light and front side/running lights,

cheers, Pete

BTW I'll post the promised photos once I get it off the drive in some space :Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Pete you should have bought one registerd like me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Glad youre all but mobile again
Have you asked DVLA for a home visit ( they do, do them)
Point out its not permitted for Garages to lend out trade plates, and it's their rules that prevent it:Doh:
Geo

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Well pointed out Geo I nearly had my trade plates taken away from me as I had lent then to a mate while he moved a crane, as it was I had to travel to Basingstoke Police station to collect them:Sad::Sad:

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It really is irritating when you get the office know it all that knows nothing, one day DVLA will get their act together but I wont be holding my breath
Pete should ask why the dealers dont have to trundle down with the RVs and are able to make a paper declaration instead:Angry: to my knowledge there are many of that model registerd so whats the problem:shout:

OP
OP
S

Spill........

Deleted User
Hi Pete you should have bought one registerd like me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Glad youre all but mobile again
Have you asked DVLA for a home visit ( they do, do them)
Point out its not permitted for Garages to lend out trade plates, and it's their rules that prevent it:Doh:
Geo

would have helped :ROFLMAO: but I don't think it will cost me £30k to get it registered, but then again it's going to be a bloody expensive ornament if I can't.

Won't do a home visit, so looks like I'm snookered, oh well phone call again tomorrow,

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi again Pete
I don't know why they wont do a home visit as it is an option for us up here,
Ask to speak to a supervisor as you don't believe they are grasping the logistics involved, assuming you could get a low loader onto the premises, the transport company will not allow or are indeed insured for DVLA to climb all over their transporter, (health and safety)
secondly are their premises suitable and can they guarantee clear room to unload and reload the RV when it gets to them for measuring:Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Mine was registered in Bedford shire and Luton meet me out at an old milk float yard.

I was told i could drive it to home and to the DVLA inspection.

Two girlie's came out and couldn't get in it quick enough as it was freezing cold.

There were differing DVLA type people looking at cars/ motorcycle/ lorries and so on.

Seems to me you have awkward lot where you are sadly:Angry:

if the worst comes to the worst go to another DVLA, others have in the past.

Last edited:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Register it at Preston DVLA local office. It can all be done by post and as they dont have facilities or room to load/unload RVs or anything bigger than a BMW 5 series they dont ask stupid question:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back