Damaged wing mirror - suggestions please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Millie's Mum and Dad, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Millie's Mum and Dad

Millie's Mum and Dad Funster

While on holiday last week in North Yorkshire, some dipstick of a van driver (white van man rather than MH) driving well over the white line, knocked our wing mirror and smashed the back plastic cover. Thankfully the electrics and mirror are still fine but we obviously need to get it repaired/replaced.
    Its a 2008 Swift Bolero on Fiat Ducato 2.3 base. As this was our first main holiday away in our MH, we're not sure how to proceed. Our motorhome dealer does not repair wing mirrors as there are so many different types apparently and suggested we contact a local Fiat main dealer.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2. calion

calion

3. kelv

kelv Funster Life Member

It depends on how bad the damage is but you might get away with fitting some mirror guards to hide the damage

• Like Like x 2
  4. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

My thought exactly, we did have those fitted when the same happened to us, we glued the mirror guards, popped them back on over the damaged black plastic,we traded it in like that,the dealer knew about it, luckily the hit didn't break the Orange indicator glass.

5. jdk62

jdk62 Funster

I had mine hit and I bought a pair of mirror guards - they worked a treat. Cost £110 but cheaper and much easier to fit than a new wing mirror.

6. froghopper43

froghopper43

hi. try motor factors. gsf . German Swedish French... euro car parts. or any in your local area. yellow pages or internet..see if you can get a pattern part. half the the cost of genuine. we use them all the time. good luck

7. Badknee

Badknee Funster

For a quick fix tape a black plastic bin liner over where the casing is missing to give you more time to source the part without water damaging the gubbins in there. (y)

8. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Milenco Mirror Protectors are another possible option - they are about half the price of the original Mirror Guards:

http://www.milenco.com/products/mirror-protectors/

Not as heavy or robust as the Mirror Guards, but VERY easy to fit and remove - they work for us.

Mike