damaged/dents to MH roof part 2 (1 Viewer)

automedon

Free Member
Mar 22, 2013
Huddersfield West Yorks.
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter convers
Exp
3 yrs
Some useful info for you if you ever have problems with leaking/damaged/dented roofs on your MH.
Have found a Co. called ALLTIMES COATINGS (alltimes coatings.co.uk) who supply a product called LIQUID ROOF, an EPDM Rubber Paint which has sorted my problem out on my MH roof. Its an American product, distributed by the above Alltimes Co. Ordered one day, delivered the next which amazed me.
I used a Quart tin to fill in dents on the roof which self levelled then set rock hard 4 hrs. later (don't try putting it on when its raining!) what little left in the tin I brushed on and around the vents/roof openings etc.
No More Leaks, superb product (with 5 yr. guarantee)
Full instructions arrive with the tin together with a small bot. of catalyst (the hardener) plus a help line, Free Phone !
Next season I'm going to coat the whole roof with this stuff and enjoy the luxury of never having to worry about the roof again.
Cheers to everyone.:thumb:

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you for posting this. What a great product.

voyager 1

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Durham Tees valley
Funster No
MH
c class Swift voyager
Exp
30+yrs
I have often wondered about this stuff and thought coating the whole roof would be a good idea it would help to soundproof the roof against the noise of a rain storm most anoying when you are trying to have a lay in bed.

Is it expensive ? and how much do you think it would take to do the entire roof of a 7 metre long coachbuilt motorhome.

Thanks Ron [voyager1] :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
automedon

automedon

Free Member
Mar 22, 2013
Huddersfield West Yorks.
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter convers
Exp
3 yrs
Liquid Roof Paint

Hi Ron, the quote I have had for my Sprinters Roof (5ft 6ins wide by 17ft long) is approx. £100. sounds expensive but then again in the past 3 yrs. I have spent that repairing/fixing holes & leaks/splits etc. My buddy (Gill) reckons I spend more time up on the vans roof than I do in bed!! Go on the website: Caravan Roof Repair and watch a couple of guys doing their full roof on a huge RV in USA. the finished roof is like an ice rink to look at (but not slippy) and you can walk on it after 48 hrs. (as if you would want to after being up there painting for a whole day!)
Cheers and good luck with yours.
icon1.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back