Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Happy Campers post
My grumble though is about people (in a motorhome) who know they've come into contact with you but decide to keep driving anyway and not stop to check for damage. Just because it isn't a convenient location for stopping does not excuse it! Of course I'm sure they aren't someone from this site :winky: Fortunately I can't see anything worse than a surface scrape (although I didn't see where they hit...just felt/heard it).

Yes We had the same on a narrow bridge local council van didn't wait for me to clear it would have taken about 30 seconds or so, he just kept on coming and smash into my mirror, I stopped he didn't when I reported it to the local town hall they new all about it but claimed 50/50 incident so fix your own damage, so unfair when it's not your fault. Pete :Sad::Sad::Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
used to have big fenders

Don't own a boat in a marina then!:cry::cry::cry:

Peter

I used to have very big fenders on my boat.. Brighton Marina lock was hell..

The Sunday drivers with capitan hats were the worse, could not control there gin palaces.. only protection was a lot of fenders.

But I know what the could not care less drivers are like and I hate them, especially trucks like scaffolding lorries with big metal wing mirrors.

Bob:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't got to Ireland then .... you'll end up having palpatations!!! :ROFLMAO:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I used to have very big fenders on my boat.. Brighton Marina lock was hell..

The Sunday drivers with capitan hats were the worse, could not control there gin palaces.. only protection was a lot of fenders.

But I know what the could not care less drivers are like and I hate them, especially trucks like scaffolding lorries with big metal wing mirrors.

Does a Captain's hat then mean that you are a Captain?

Do people really do that? ! :Eeek:

Thought they were for my 3 year old. .....

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
OOh yes they do

Does a Captain's hat then mean that you are a Captain?

Do people really do that? ! :Eeek:

Thought they were for my 3 year old. .....

Oh yes they do... on goes the polo jumper, and then the fancy capitans hat.. makes them feel good in there £100k gin palace boats... but some of us that have or have had the real type boats just get on with it.

Now I wear a cow boy hat when using my RV.. but I also wear it when I am not driving it.. but sometimes even the baseball cap... but you can find me wearing it when I am out on the scooter talking Ezzie for a walk.. very useful when it rains as well.

My mirror heads are well over £300 for a Valvec unit imported from the USA for the Winnebago.. being I am 9'11" on the mirrors I tend to drive with care... I give way if I think I may be at risk.. often heard in the cab.. 'Pull the mirror in' my body of the RV (B Class) is 8" winder than the cab either side.. then the mirror heads are further out... I also have the A & E awning on the offside ..so I tend to think about how I and others are driving. Some people are just to much in a rush to get in front to get no further up the road.

My Mirror head also has truck type downward looking extra's mirriors on top to see my running step.. so while the Valvec is £300 the extra mirrors and the extra indicators means I am watching out for a good £400 plus on the arm .

But I hate the way some of the scaffolding lorry / delivery lorry - tipper bodies drive.. idiots.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Peter, I only just getting over two hefty payouts due to other people's inconsideration.

One, a large, iron step off a lorry in the middle lane of a motorway which flew through the air and smashed all the front of my mh. Two, the local bin wagon which scraped all the top of my motorhome.... both times unable to claim due to circumstances. I was even parked up and not in the mh for the last one.

Last year driving through Wales had the same incident that you describe ... I wonder if it was the same bloomin driver.:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back