Free Member
Apr 28, 2017
Traveling Europe for a year
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 Years
Hi Troops. We have a Kontiki 675 with a Blaupunkt stereo. Reception is pants! Anyone resolved this without getting too invasive or expensive. Also I have heard about DAB which is dash mounted and tunes to a channel on the existing stereo. Anyone got any pos feedback on these, recommendations etc.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Hi Troops. We have a Kontiki 675 with a Blaupunkt stereo. Reception is pants! Anyone resolved this without getting too invasive or expensive. Also I have heard about DAB which is dash mounted and tunes to a channel on the existing stereo. Anyone got any pos feedback on these, recommendations etc.

Some USB adapters will wipe out DAB signal, some rear camera screens will also reduce signal as I found out.
Fit an active windscreen or roof aerial, not a passive one. It solved my problems.

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
I have just ordered one of these
hope the link works. due to arrive friday then i will know if any good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
update unit arived last Friday, aerial is stick on windowscreen type it works but a pain to install:eek: so have ordered an external mag mount type so hopefull(y) that will better when that gets here i will update again:D

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Get in contact with Blaupunkt direct and give them your model number. They may have a DAB module compatible for your head unit that they recommend. Then you have the choice of the windscreen mounted DAB+ aerial or the roof mounted version?

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I ordered my new Globecar with Blaupunkt DAB, sat nav and reversing camera, when I picked the van up they fitted a Blaupunkt New York which has no DAB. When I contacted dealer at Peterborough show they said that a module could be fitted, just waiting to get it and some other work done.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With DAB there is no substitute for a decent aerial, if you are in a good reception area the screen mount ones are OK but otherwise worth spending £50-£100 on a decent aerial. The standard fit roof mounted aerial In our new Hymer is brilliant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back