DAB reception on uconnect in new fiat cabs (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
is it just me or is it patchy to say the least?I am lucky to get 5 minutes before the sound goes off and station unavailable appears on the screen,then it's back for another 5 minutes etc etc.Probably an aerial and or signal problem.Along with a tomtom app that is only for cars and no traffic all in all not over the moon.The hands free is pretty good though

OP
OP
Camper634
Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
How about a plug in sat nav?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Sounds more like an aerial problem. Been quite a few threads about poor radio reception; usually resolved by fitting a new aerial. But it's worth checking that the original is actually plugged in first, seems some converters forget to do that. On older Sevels, the aerial is in the nearside door mirror; is that still the case?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Sounds more like an aerial problem. Been quite a few threads about poor radio reception; usually resolved by fitting a new aerial. But it's worth checking that the original is actually plugged in first, seems some converters forget to do that. On older Sevels, the aerial is in the nearside door mirror; is that still the case?
May be but I have had the same problem, I fitted an amplified DAB aerial which did improve it. But turning the USB adapter off brought missing channels in. Another thing that can reduce DAB reception is cheapo unscreened rear veiw monitors if they stay on and some dashcams.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree it sounds like an aerial problem if you want it to work without dropping out you need to spend some serious dosh on a decent aerial (£50-£100).
The new Hymer has a factory fitted aerial (Hymer fitted). Last week I did a round trip from Lancing to Isle of Grain then down to Lydd and back home (200m) signal didn't drop out once.

Last edited:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Found mine inside drivers side a frame (windscreen one) the one with the wing mirror attached too

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
is it just me or is it patchy to say the least?I am lucky to get 5 minutes before the sound goes off and station unavailable appears on the screen,then it's back for another 5 minutes etc etc.Probably an aerial and or signal problem.Along with a tomtom app that is only for cars and no traffic all in all not over the moon.The hands free is pretty good though
Did you ever sort this out?

I've had my Peugeot boxer based Bailey for a year nearly and I get this issue where a channel becomes unavailable but weirdly doesnt happen until Im over 100 miles into any journey, then once it happens it happens more frequently until I've completed the journey?

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I believe mirror guards can be a problem for those with the aerial in the wing mirror, it did on my friends 2021 Fiat PVC with that system

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
DAB on my van is rubbish, FM not to bad.
Checked the connection and it seemed ok so will probably go for an aftermarket one and see what they are like.

Have had a few vehicles with DAB and found it’s a bit hit and miss if they are any good.

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
May be but I have had the same problem, I fitted an amplified DAB aerial which did improve it. But turning the USB adapter off brought missing channels in. Another thing that can reduce DAB reception is cheapo unscreened rear veiw monitors if they stay on and some dashcams.
Nextbase dash cams (and likely others too) wiped out reception for me.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have exactly the same problem with chargers. They seem ok when first plugged in but as the battery in whatever they are supplying charges up we get interference. Worth trying to isolate it as a potential cause of the problem before splashing out Onan expensive aerial.

slowcoach65

Free Member
Jan 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
A
We had a similar issue with our fiat-based MH. In the end we change the head unit for a Panasonic but then discovered you then couldn't change the time on the clock! Have since discovered this is a recognised problem with TomTom/uConnect.

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
I swapped to a Pioneer on my Peugeot Boxer based van. I resolved the CANBUS errors and clock setting problems by fitting a steering wheel controller which completes the loop and enables the wheel controls to work with the aftermarket unit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back