Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
In the market for a dab radio, mainly for home but also want to use in mh too, even overseas if poss?
Roberts and Pure seem good? I want an option for internet radio if possible, do not like "retro look", sound is important, record would be nice but not essential, headphone socket essential, easy to operate LOL!
From personal experience, can you advise re model etc? Many thanks! :winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have got two "pure" and one Roberts.

I have a small portable rechargeable pure in the motorhome and it's great.

I can't post links on this iPad but if you look at the pure range I am sure you will find it.

The bigger Pure has better sound but the small one is excellent IMO

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
cannot advise on DAB radio but internet radio can be had on any computer.
I-tunes has quite a good selection of internet radio stations but most stations own website will allow you to tune in and as you posted on here you obviously have the equipment required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have a Pure One DAB radio, we use it at home and when away in the van. It runs off 240v or from 12 v when in the van. Easy to operate and has good sound, no record facility. I don't think that DAB is available when abroad.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/PURE-ONE-Classic-Portable-Radio/dp/B001FA05Y0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1325939926&sr=8-3[/ame]

Brisey.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We have the Roberts Classiclite DAB Link Removed
bought specifically for camping .. but is now permanent in the kitchen..

Great sound and nice tone .. in fact it sounds as good, if not better than the more expensive Sony Midi HiFi we have in the lounge ..
DAB reception is poor in our area but it picks up tons of stations.. but stays tuned to Classic Rock.
Use with batteries, that seem to last forever, or mains..

score 5 / 5

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Roberts have long been one of th ebest makes of all sorts of radios. Very hard to beat ( and nope, sadly I do not have a single one as they are usually out of my price range ! )

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have a Pure One DAB radio, we use it at home and when away in the van. It runs off 240v or from 12 v when in the van. Easy to operate and has good sound, no record facility. I don't think that DAB is available when abroad.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001FA05Y0/?tag=mhf04-21

Brisey.

On the recommendation of Brisey we bought the Pure One together with the rechargeable battery pack & 12v adapter...............
..............BRILLIANT & a full charge lasts for about a week for us but will depend on usage:thumb:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I have a Pure One Classic and I love it. According to the web sites, we don't get any DAB signal at all here but it picks up all BBC stations (less well on the others).

Sound quality is good - mono speaker but stereo from the headphone socket. It has AUX IN so I can listen to my MP3 player through it. It is also possible to pause live radio for up to 15 minutes.

IMO it's worth buying the extra rechargeable battery pack - it runs for ages on battery power and recharges itself when the radio is plugged in.

Phil

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
if you can afford it get a bose wave with the dab package and run it off your status aerial (if one is fitted) and an inverter 50w max more than enough sound and clarity next to none :wooo:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
DAB as yet, gets you zilch abroad.

No need to buy a DAB, I use my iPhone or iPad for digital radio when at home or out and about.

Digital quality sound, if you want to boost the sound output, I just connect it to the van's Sound system on the Aux in socket, or to the iPod base station at home.

I can also connect it to my hifi at home.

Why pay for a DAB set?

I use free the "TuneIn" app.

So many channels available, I normally use BBC 5Live... and it's all free.:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Roberts have long been one of th ebest makes of all sorts of radios. Very hard to beat ( and nope, sadly I do not have a single one as they are usually out of my price range ! )

My wife tells me Sainsburys are selling a Pure DAB for £29.99 at the moment.

Not a bad price I reckon whatever the model ( which she couldn't tell me)

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
In the market for a dab radio, mainly for home but also want to use in mh too, even overseas if poss?
Roberts and Pure seem good? I want an option for internet radio if possible, do not like "retro look", sound is important, record would be nice but not essential, headphone socket essential, easy to operate LOL!
From personal experience, can you advise re model etc? Many thanks! :winky:

I'm glad you've posted this, because my mini hi-fi in the kitchen has now stopped playing my cd's for some reason. I was thinking of getting something to plug into the mh when we go away, I can't be without a radio on:Doh: need a bit of something in the background. But when I switch on the radio/cd in the van, it goes off automatically after 10 minutes, possible to protect the battery.

Will check these recommendations out shortly......thanks!

Margaret

OP
OP
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Great replies, as always...will weigh them all up tomorrow, many thanks!! :Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I'm glad you've posted this, because my mini hi-fi in the kitchen has now stopped playing my cd's for some reason. I was thinking of getting something to plug into the mh when we go away, I can't be without a radio on:Doh: need a bit of something in the background. But when I switch on the radio/cd in the van, it goes off automatically after 10 minutes, possible to protect the battery.

Will check these recommendations out shortly......thanks!

Margaret

there is a work around for the radio in the van ours has a switch on the dash next to the gear lever which swaps the power from the engine battery to the leisure battery i am sure this could be an cheap option for the motorhome at least.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
there is a work around for the radio in the van ours has a switch on the dash next to the gear lever which swaps the power from the engine battery to the leisure battery i am sure this could be a cheap option for the motorhome at least.

Interested in what you posted. Are you saying the switch is an addition you have had fitted? And if so, is it just for the radio or does it include the 12v power socket in the cab as well?

Who installed the switch for you/

Sorry so many questions, but thanks in advance for any more info.

Mike

OP
OP
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Ok, here, I am fairly sure :winky: is my final decision!!
Link Removed
Reallly good price too I believe?
Thank you all once more for the replies. Nothing but good information on here!! :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back