LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
just fitted a Pioneer 8700 dab and whe I switch the ignition off it loses its memory as in goes into Turkish, now that wouldn't be a problem if I spoke Turkish but I don't.:whistle:

As it was plug and play I was expecting everything to be hunky dory but it seems like I might need a positive live but not sure where on plugs it might go. Any ideas?(n)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You need the yellow wire to be connected to a permanent live.

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes mate a avo meter is needed.....(y)
That's ok I've got a multi meter (y)
I just have to make sure it's not the feed to the indicators, ok it's working, oh it's not, OK working again, oh it's stopped. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I have wired my radio direct to the leisure batteries so that I can have the radio on when I want it, not when the vehicle turns it off after a specified period.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
That's ok I've got a multi meter (y)
I just have to make sure it's not the feed to the indicators, ok it's working, oh it's not, OK working again, oh it's stopped. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ohh that sounds just like the missus in the passenger seat..:D:ROFLMAO:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
My new Rapido van came with a Pioneer DAB radio fitted, and there's a little separate switch on the dash that keeps the power on to the radio all the time, so it doesn't lose the settings. But the power can be isolated using the switch if the vehicle is going to be stored. Or at least, I think that's what it's all about. Certainly loses the settings if I do turn the switch off.

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
All sorted now, thanks again @NickNic top man with these wireless thingies that have a zillion wires(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
All sorted now, thanks again @NickNic top man with these wireless thingies that have a zillion wires(n)

Glad it was something relatively simple (y)

Note for anyone else who stumbles on this thread - the yellow wire to a permanent live and the red wire to a switched live applies to Pioneer kit. Other makes might use different colour coding. Check your instructions because you could blow your unit up if you put 12v down the wrong wire. I know cos I've done it :whistle::D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back