Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Our Sprinter is fitted with a Kenwood double DIN satnav/radio.tv/dvd player/cd player combo.
Its a really nice head unit to use but is not DAB enabled. I decided that I didn't want to change the unit but had become used to DAB in our Ford Galaxy. The area that we live in isn't blessed with many FM stations but is quite well served by DAB station reception.

I decided that a DAB adapter might be the answer & so I purchased a "Sonichi" adapter but this didn't come with an aerial. What I need to know is what to do about buying an aerial? I have looked on fleabay & I'm even more confused than I was to start with. Is an aerial splitter a good solution to my problem? There are many magnetic roof mount aerials available but I don't fancy that arrangement. I've been told by some people that the screen mount system is not good at all.
I don't mind drilling a new hole in the roof but the choice of aerials is bewildering (now I know how my dad felt when I bought my first PC) & I haven't got a clue which way to turn?

Kind regards...Robert & Hazel.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have the standard screen mount aerial that came with my Clarion works fine, if I was buying one I would probably spend a bit more and get a powered screen mount one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back