Free Member
Oct 28, 2007
South West Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
off and on since the 70 s
If your motorhome like many Does not have mudflaps already fitted , You might like me, want to fit your own, I have just recieved 4 I ordered from the web site below and I,m pleased with the Quality of them, there are no fittings with them ,but Stainless steel nuts and Bolts are available in hardware shops now.and you will need some backing plates or large washers, the Mudflaps are a reasonable price at £6.89 each inc vat, Carriage I thought is a bit on the dear side as they use TNT to deliver At £9.45 , but overall £37.01 isnt much to pay for 4 mud flaps and these are 18"X12" commercial trailer Mudflaps, they may need trimming to fit your M/H but see what the cost is for someone to fit you a set. hope its of help to some one, Corky:thumb:

http://www.hgvdirect.co.uk/catalog/...?search_in_description=1&s=1&keywords=mudflap

johna

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Funster No
Hi Corky,
Many thanks, just recieved and fitted rear mudflaps to my twin wheel Transit based M/H went for the 18" X 22" from HGV direct. Fitted no problems with a little bit trimming here and there. Total cost approx £14 for the flaps + £8 P+P and a few bolts. great job for under £25

Last edited:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, I bought 4 cheap £1ea rubber carmats from Tesco and some flat alloy fromB&Q about £3 , I already had nuts &bolts. Job done for under £8!. They are a bit flexible but do the job. Have done over 1000 miles and they're still on ! Anybody beat that?
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi, I bought 4 cheap £1ea rubber carmats from Tesco and some flat alloy fromB&Q about £3 , I already had nuts &bolts. Job done for under £8!. They are a bit flexible but do the job. Have done over 1000 miles and they're still on ! Anybody beat that?
Yes Dave, I can beat that. I have made some 'flaps' out of cardboard covered with Tesco plastic bags. Completely useless but cheap! ONLY JOKING!

Have a good day!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Been looking for some ally sheet for ages.Cheers Dave.

Need to make some of these up myself.:thumb:

shifter

Free Member
Jan 18, 2009
wee island across pond NI
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
3 years

HI DAVE
I HAD A OLD PIECE OF CONVAYER BELT THAT I COVERD THE DOG BOX FLOOR WITH.THE OFFCUTS MADE EXCELENT MUD FLAPS.

NO COST ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Yes Dave, I can beat that. I have made some 'flaps' out of cardboard covered with Tesco plastic bags. Completely useless but cheap! ONLY JOKING!

Have a good day!

Hi, Sam I wish you had posted earlier- I would have only bought 3 -then I could have used the bag for the 4th! and saved 25% !!:ROFLMAO:
Cheers,Dave:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Have a word with your local friendly pub landlord,, old ribbed dart board mats are heavy duty and easy to cut.:thumb:

Because they are heavy duty rubber they hang down like a.... :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back