D-Day anniversary (1 Viewer)

Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
Has anyone been to the D-Day anniversaries if you have do you have any information, suggestions, is there plenty of extra parking, where is the best places to make for. Thank you.
This could be the last one attended by the veterans we are looking the go this year.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We're going this year.. and I have been before.
This year will be special with HRH going to sword beach .. We're going for the long weekend by tunnel. We will be taking a toad and staying at Camping la Columbier near Lisieux .. we will then travel by car to the events.
If you need info on whats on then Broken Link Removed is good.
It should be excellent and we are really looking forward to it ::bigsmile:

Attached is a pic from a previous year down near Omaha beach

Attachments

• nor-01.jpg
    nor-01.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 32
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
A lot of people head for Arromanches, it gets very, very busy during the anniversary period.
The municipal campsite is a 10 minute gentle walk to the centre, but I would imagine you need to be booked - Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• arromanches1.jpg
    arromanches1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 17

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I went with two mates for the 65th anniversary. We had a caravan then and stayed in this site:
http://www.chateau-martragny.com/index.htm?lang=en

Of course we had benefit of a car so we were able to travel. The site was quite close to the Bayeux D-Day museum and the British war cemetary, this page may be of use to you:

Broken Link Removed
As you can imagine it was fairly busy but we managed to park even at St.Mere Eglise.
There were some cracking air displays, the low level overflight of St.Mere Eglise by some Douglas C-47's was stunning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back