Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Next June sees the 70th anniversary of the D Day landings etc. Best start planning my visit Has anyone been before and can recommend a site near Pegasus bridge or anywhere else near by or an Aires even

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
there is a site near by cant remember the name but I was there for the 60th had a grate time maybe se you there next year :thumb:
but my priority is 100th a iper Belgium November 2013

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Look on web site.one we have stopped on is somthing like les hautes de cotoure.spelling may be wrong:Doh:.5 minuite walk to pagasus bridge.it has its own private gate onto canal footpath.It used to be in caravan club Europe book ,don't know if it still is.It has static & touring pitches & a swimming pool.aprox 20 min drive from eustram port, ferry from Portsmouth to canne.some of spelling may be wrong.hope this helps:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We have been twice. First time followed usual tourist route. Second time just wandered about and did our own thing. Both great trips

Arromanches is a must, as is the huge American cemetery.

First time we went to the cemetery, we realised we had got times wrong and had to miss out and head to the ferry.
Made 120 miles in an hour and just caught ferry

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been twice this year, both times on the bike.
Did our own thing on both occasions, beautiful area.
As you stare out over the perfect beaches it's almost impossible to imagine the horror and suffering that went on there.
We'll be back for the 70th Anniversary but this time we'll likely be in the MH.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
there is a site near by cant remember the name but I was there for the 60th had a grate time maybe se you there next year :thumb:
but my priority is 100th a iper Belgium November 2013

Bill you are a bit late.

But I am sure you ment 2014
If so I will see you there:thumb:

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We toured the main sites in October and everywhere seemed to be getting ready for next year, in Bayeux, the tourist information centre has a clock counting down!

Arromanches is a good stop, the aire is only minutes from the beach, but it does get pretty busy, we moved onto the municipal site just for some space and comfort. The photo below is of the municipal campsite, decent size grass pitches.

The municipal site is only a few minutes gentle walk to the beach and the Mulberry Harbour. There is a new 360 degree circular cinema on the hill overlooking the town - the film is very good and in places, very moving.

Attachments

• arromanches_muni.jpg
    arromanches_muni.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 19

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
For the 65th we stayed at Chateau de Martragny campsite, a Castels site on the edge of Bayeux.
It was very easy to get to all the D-Day locations but then we did have a car as we still had the caravan.
The site was full of re-enacters and most days we were surrounded by armoured half tracks and jeeps, very entertaining.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back