Free Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2006
I really like DAB and have several vehicles with it, it is ironic that the thing that I most enjoy as a result of installing DAB is the ability to listen to 60 year old episodes of Hancocks Half Hour.

I live in rural Herefordshire and to be fair we have had reasonable DAB service for a while now, I don't know whether I have been lucky or not but stick on windscreen aerials have been really good for me, I would be reluctant to use any other type - here are my findings:

1996 Jaguar XJ6 - cassette adaptor, Roberts SportsDAB on the dash, the lead from the headphone socket to the adaptor acts as the aerial, it's not elegant but it works alt least as well (often better) than any of the other systems.

2006 Lexus RX400h Pure Highway, window aerial, tuned into FM station, great coverage, neater than the cassette adaptor but the tuning into FM stations is a pain.

2015 Vivaro, integrated DAB radio, short (30cm), stubby, roof mounted aerial with no angle adjustment so it slopes back at about thirty degrees, superb stereo with Bluetooth streaming and handsfree etc but that aerial really lets it down especially for independent stations.

2013 Mini Cooper D Clubvan, integrated DAB radio and 40cm roof aerial virtually upright, superb coverage, good sound quality, fiddly controls, no Bluetooth.

2008 Renault Trafic, JVC aftermarket stereo with Bluetooth but only for handsfree (no streaming) and MP3, window aerial but far, far too complicated to operate but superb coverage.

2012 Hymer Van 562 low profile on a Transit base, Pioneer double din with reversing camera from Vanbitz, windscreen aerial, superb coverage on DAB (FM is poor, courtesy of the useless Ford door aerial), MP3, Bluetooth streaming etc etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back