Cylinder head , can anyone help (1 Viewer)

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
I'm looking for a cylinder head for a 1988 fiat ducato 2.0 litre petrol , does anyone have one they want to sell or know of someone who does ? The same engine was it he Citroen c25, talbot express and other vans. The head on my kontiki is beyond repair due to frost damage : ( any help would be greatly appreciated, I can find a complete engine on eBay but I only really need a head .

Regards, john

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Unless someone has an engine with a bottom end failier they are not going to split a good engine. Also you will perhaps pay as much for a good head as you will pay for a complete engine. If it was me I would take the complete engine.

OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Unless someone has an engine with a bottom end failier they are not going to split a good engine. Also you will perhaps pay as much for a good head as you will pay for a complete engine. If it was me I would take the complete engine.

Most scrapyards would split an engine when they had plenty of them , however I think these are getting quite rare now due to the age of the base vehicle, I probably will end up buying the complete engine. its a lot easier and cheaper to courier a cylinder head than a complete engine though so I thought I'd give it a go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I know this may sound daft but will any heads fit....manufacturers were often very lazy when it came to engine design....there is a 1.9 and a 2.5 head on ebay??

Just a thought....

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
cylinder head

Hi, I had the head from a marinized genny rebuilt, the fitted new valve seats for the exhaust and inlet ports and made new valve guides.
For about ÂŁ120 I had a brand new head with new valves and springs.

Don`t know how bad your head is damaged but could be worth getting it looked at by a machine shop.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
with a bit of luck it will have just pushed the core plugs out so it could be as simple as fitting some back in.
personally i cant see it doing any more than this unless it has been driven without water in it.

OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Hi guys, thanks for all the responses , the head is beyond repair, it's cracked right through the valve guides and seats , it's looking like I'll buy the complete engine, it would have been a lot easier just to fit the head though :cry:

John

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
I know this may sound daft but will any heads fit....manufacturers were often very lazy when it came to engine design....there is a 1.9 and a 2.5 head on ebay??

Just a thought....
Pretty sure they are different as the 1.9 is a Citroen engine and the 2.5 is either a Citroen or Fiat engine. This is the 2.0 Peugeot petrol engine, it was used in, I think, the Peugeot 404/405 and or 504/505 car but they are equally rare. You may be lucky and find someone who had had the bottom end go on theirs. Someone on the Talbot OC lost a big end a while back but I think that engine got rebuilt. Keep looking on ebay and check the Talbot OC for information.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Try Delfin Designs of Dorset, they deal with those type of engines, contact them on 01258857474
If you're lucky. The website has gone and people haven't been able to get in touch with them. There's some people on ebay, J K Towers, and advice on the Talbot OC site.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
it could work out cheaper to buy a complete vehicle as i had to do with my smart
Link Removed

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dont know what's hapend to Derek from Delfin Designs, have tried to contact him myself but to no avail. A good man with those older Sevels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back