Cycling works for us old crocks! (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
image.jpg
Delighted to say we have managed our first bike ride in about ten years. Martin has Parkinson's and we didn't know how safe it would be. He loved it - very steady.
My legs have only just recovered from skiing three weeks ago.
This is the Saint Quentin canal from our campsite in Seraucourt le grand
We plan to do many more and buy a second bike to carry on the back.
Very happy with our achievement of 15 k :)

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Congratulations. We are about to go on a two month tour of Italy where we are going to use bikes. Whether we will ride 15k I do not know. I hope you are able to use your bikes for years to come.

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I'm still on the lookout for a decent ebike I really miss my bike rides. We do around 8 to 10 miles usually on an electric bike though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We love our e bikes, although my wife is not as confident as I am, so we are missing out on some types of rides on unsurfaced paths, we both find that a sore bum is the limiting factor for us, despite trying different types of seats, gel seats etc, maybe we are just the wrong shape.!

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Well done Jac keep going.
Correct me if I'm wrong but did someone on the forum say that they had a saddle made for them. I've started riding a bike again and like you ended up with a sore backside. Mind you my other half said that if they were to make a saddle for me it would look like an armchair !! Cheeky!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
image.jpeg
enjoy....we cycle pretty much every day (baring really nasty weather....) home or in the van.....great gentle execise without the impact of other forms....
good on ya!

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
View attachment 98579 enjoy....we cycle pretty much every day (baring really nasty weather....) home or in the van.....great gentle execise without the impact of other forms....
good on ya!
Hi Chris, what make of bike is that? Looks quite "normal" for an ebike.
BTW I'd invest in a better lock as those cable one get curt in a jiffy! Personal experience sadly:(
Bill

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hi Chris, what make of bike is that? Looks quite "normal" for an ebike.
BTW I'd invest in a better lock as those cable one get curt in a jiffy! Personal experience sadly:(
Bill
Looks like a Bosch system to me with battery on rack

Edit:when I looked again the battery is on the downtube ( removed in photo) not on rack so def Bosch system.

I would hazard a guess that it's a Scott:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
hi guys...
yes, eddie its a Bosch, made by Gepida.... 7000 km in 18 mths all round france, spain and uk, great ride, so secure on the road....

Upvote 0

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
In Holland my dad has a small 25cc motor that attached under the pedals and used a friction drive onto the bicycle tyre., a bit like the Velo Solex. It was a "Mosquito". I used to ride it in the woods nearby. Great fun!

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
we both find that a sore bum is the limiting factor for us, despite trying different types of seats, gel seats etc, maybe we are just the wrong shape.!

Well done Jac keep going.
Correct me if I'm wrong but did someone on the forum say that they had a saddle made for them. I've started riding a bike again and like you ended up with a sore backside.

Some of the cycle retailers have saddle fitting facilities where they can fit a saddle to your shape. No nudity required - you sit on a memory foam cushion so they can measure the dimensions of your "sit bones" and advise on the saddle that would suit.

When I went for a saddle fitting I expected to be advised that I'd need the £100+ saddle and was delighted to be told the £19.99 would suit me best! They also ordered and fitted it for me and said they would take it back if it didn't suit. It's much better than the original saddle :) 26 miles is the longest distance I've managed over the last couple of years. As a student I would cycle Newcastle to Carlisle and get the train back and think nothing of it!!!!

Upvote 0

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You really only need to ride often, your bum then accepts the pain you are inflicting on it!

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Congrats on your achievement and I hope things continue positively! Here is a slightly different suggestion - have you thought of a tandem? We bought one 9 months ago and have a brilliant time on it. We have ours on the back of the van for part 2 of our trip when either the snow melts in the French alps or my knees! (I know what I would put my money on happening first!)

We bought the tandem from JD Tandems in Yorkshire and I can't recommend them highly enough. No sales pressure and they only sell tandems of all sorts and shapes. Just a thought. They even do an electric tandem but it is not inexpensive!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back