Cyclematic electric bikes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Nirvanauk, May 8, 2012.

1. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

I need (well ok, want) an electric bike and wondered if any funsters have any experience of the above bike, or any other reasonably priced e bike? It's discounted down to £399 from £1000.
    Thanks.
    Nirvanauk

2. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Do a google search for AS bikes (near Coventry) they do electric folder bikes of which I have 2, they have been mentioned many times on this Forum and always favourably.

3. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

No experience, but like you its one of those wants I have been looking at for a while. The price seemed to good to be true for the cyclematic, so look at the reviews on the link here and you may well find out why.

4. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

Hi
    We have lecy bikes and love them, but as per the previous post check out AS bikes

The main thing to watch out for is the price and avalability of a replacement battery. One of ours failed , Powercycle, after 3 Years and the price to replace it is £320. :Doh:

AS Bikes replacement £140

5. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Have to agree with Gooney, very pleased with my two from AS bikes, more importantly you need to hear the "promise" from AS bikes, they will look after you afterwards and they read these messages and revel in it too... Griff:thumb:

6. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Yes I say AS bikes as well, we have two folding 250 w motor and 36v battery,the parts have been sent to us in France at no cost when we need to replace them, my stand broke and he sent that to me, they are have good after sales and will advise you on anything that goes wrong save sending the bike back for hi to do otherwise £15 by courier to send it back.
    We have had the throttle go which ended up a pain to do but he advised us on that and when we had a back wheel puncture , we didn't know how to take back wheel off and he advised us on that as well.
    And a few spokes which he sent us free of charge.
    Cant fault the after sales.
    We have also had to replace the batteries recently after 2 years he sold us 2 new ones for £250, the old ones were not going as far only 10 miles at a time.