Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
evening all,

We have an 05 plate compass avantgarde 400. I am finally getting round to putting a rack
on the back for my velocipede(bike). I would prefer one that leaves the rear window unobstructed
when not in use. do the fixing bolts protrude inside?(near seating area). Would one that fixes above the window be better so that fixings are in top cupboards, the lower bolts being under the seats.
Any advice on types... prices inc. fixing... dealers/fittes in Derbys/Notts S Yorks areas..

Thanks in anticipation ....Big Do_O

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
evening all,

We have an 05 plate compass avantgarde 400. I am finally getting round to putting a rack
on the back for my velocipede(bike). I would prefer one that leaves the rear window unobstructed
when not in use. do the fixing bolts protrude inside?(near seating area). Would one that fixes above the window be better so that fixings are in top cupboards, the lower bolts being under the seats.
Any advice on types... prices inc. fixing... dealers/fittes in Derbys/Notts S Yorks areas..

Thanks in anticipation ....Big Do_O

Dont fit it yourself unless you know where fixing points are..Had one fitted at Long Eaton Caravans years ago. Position is governed by model of motorhome unless you mount it on a tow bar...BUSBY.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If you want unobstructed rear window then you could consider one of these
http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/motorbike_scooter_carrier.html

A tow bar mounted bike rack is close to the ground, so no heavy lifting, plus your reversing camera is unobstructed too

Watling engineers make the tow bar figments including connecting the electrics too

Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back