Customers that make us laugh! (1 Viewer)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
the customer is always right, and laughing at them is counterproductive. There is always someone who will take offence. not all funsters are businessmen some are actually customers, hee hee.

So Roger, the number of Funsters who write about their poor experience with the dealers, often for good reason and might I suggest almost as often without good reason, yet the dealers can't mention in a thread what absolute plonkers they occasionally have to deal with.

I agree someone will take offence, probably with a slightly guilty conscience.

There are two sides to every story, but so often the dealer is in the wrong just because he is the dealer.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
That's the daft bit. We charge 30p per mile from Seaford to the job and back using RAC route planner with no hourly rate. It's a new arm to our business, truthfully with a view of opening another Van Bitz / Cornish Farm Touring Park set up, East/West Sussex.

So if you work out the true cost of diesel and say an average of about 25 MPG it's as cheap for our mobile service to come to you if you live in the South East as we don't yet charge travelling time.

But we can't quote you the 30p a mile until we know were you live :doh:

Well, seeing your stuck with it, I will take it off your hands for a tenner, (less my *FUN* discount of course), and as I live in Lancashire, I will be charging you 30p a mile to collect......However, as you too are a member of *FUN*, I will knock ten pence a mile off.......:)(y)(y)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
There was a recent post about GB plate motorhomers avoiding a paultry €6 or less at French Aires even though they drove 50/60/70k motorhomes! Same applies to this subject.

How can you crib about 30p/mile eh? Never mind about Sevenoaks, I was happy to use Vanbitz's mobile service all the way to Essex and a bloody fine service it is too!

I was told EXACTLY what the cost would be AND how it was calculated using AA Autoroute. There were no 'hidden' surprises, I went ahead on those terms. I'm amazed at some people expecting tradesmen and women to work for bugger all.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
When I was self employed someone suggested the following for customers who haggled with me. "You can have quick, you can have good quality and you can have cheap but unfortunately you can't have all three at the same time."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
When I was self employed someone suggested the following for customers who haggled with me. "You can have quick, you can have good quality and you can have cheap but unfortunately you can't have all three at the same time."

I think a lady said that to me....a long time ago

• ::bigsmile:
  • :doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
DOH !! Forgot what I was actually gonna say...

We often get bike shops fone up for parts.
Then ask for a trade discount.
Stock answer is sure, how many of XX do you want ?

Just one

And if a customer walked in to your shop and asked for ONE item and expected a discount ?

Well thats different..

Nope.. Sorry, minimum order of £1000 to open a trade account I am afraid

Ok no problem, I will try somewhere else...

Thanks for calling, byeeee

About an hour later, after they discover we are the ONLY place in the world they can get the bits they order on line so they do not have to back down !

And then there are the Honda main dealers.

I get several fone calls every week from them.. from up and down the country..
Some wanting a discount ( I give them the same discount as they give me ... i.e. zero and tell them that ) and almost as often asking ME how to do this or that to fix x problem on a Bird !!

In other words I find the trade harder to deal with in many respects than the public !

Ohh.. another good one..

Joe public rings up for advice ( I REALLY should set up a premium 0898 number ! )

Asks the question.
I reply and then they tell ME how to sort it out..
Why on EARTH did they ring me in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back