curtains? (1 Viewer)

petertee

Free Member
Jun 22, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
since June 2008
We are very pleased with our Broadway EK but the large windows in the lounge area are not very private when parked up. The concertina blinds can be pulled up part way of course but is there a simple way to fit net curtains in place of the existing (never used) fabric curtains. Or any other suggestions?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Are the windows fitted with fly screens? If so you could shut these, this would have the same effect as net curtain

OP
OP
petertee

petertee

Free Member
Jun 22, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
since June 2008
Yes there are fly screens and yes we can try that - many thanks!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
petertee

petertee

Free Member
Jun 22, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
since June 2008
Curtains - the solution?

While the flyscreens do provide some screening I took advantage of my visit to the Willersley factory for an under-warranty part replacement to quiz the parts department about the matter.
They were able to supply me with sufficient of the header tape fitted with the poppers that connect into the curtain rail for us (SHE - who must be obeyed) to sew onto our choice of net curtain.
I also took away a spare flap/table as is fixed to the side of the refrigerator housing to fix on the wall in between the seats so bringing out the table is not required when we are only having a drink.
Any comments/advice on fixing the brackets onto what is the inside of the side wall and probably only quarter inch ply bonded to polystyrene foam or similar so that it won't pitch hot drinks onto us sometime.:whatthe:

Peter

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Mine came with net cutains and it does look very twee with L.E.D. uplighters on at night, well, as twee as a Kubelwagen can be!:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back