Curtain around cab

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jeffwilliams, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Jeffwilliams

Jeffwilliams Read Only Funster

Hi all i have just bought an Elddis autostratus eb, on my old motorhome i could pull the fitted curtain in the front right around the cab making things more private at night, on the autostratus there is no curtain was there ever one fitted if not whats the best way around this, any ideas, we are quite new to all this and have alot to learn, Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Those without curtain

Usuallu=

• Like Like x 1
  3. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Something funny going on here!

My posts are leaving before I tell them to!

Those without curtains usually have internal or external silver screens or blinds for the cab. If none have been provided, you can get the screens from Taylormade or Silver Screens

Catherine

4. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

A set of silver screens such as below will give you privacy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORHOME-EXTERNAL-SILVER-INSULATION-SCREENS-/280791489787?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item41607a1cfb

The external ones also improve the insulation and reduce internal condensation on the screen.

You can also fold down the front panel during daytime to let light in and so you can look out.

If you are wilding and want to move off quickly then the internal screens are easier to remove but are not as effective.

5. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

suggest an internal silver screen
    work for us .:BigGrin::BigGrin: and keeps us warmer in winter.
    Roger & Sheila.

6. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i have the outside screen but i also put a partition curtain up so the rear bedroom at night is closed off from the front i did this with a simple expanding shower pole that just jams into either side of the mh

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

You should be able to tell if there used to be curtains by the presence/absence of a curtain track.

There were curtains in both our previous Elddis Autoquest and our current Burstner. In both cases, though, they were a bit "brief" so didn't cut out all the draughts from the cab vents. We put up with it in the Elddis but for the Burstner we bought some ready made curtains and Jill altered them to fit, with Velcro dots to hold them together where they meet.

If you have a curtain rail but no gliders that the hooks attach to, and can't find appropriate ones in a haberdashers, then you will probably find that your local caravan shop will sell suitable ones.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sedge

sedge Funster

Crikey Graham, I can find a caravan/camping shop easier than a haberdashers in Coventry !

We wanted some broad elastic last year - camping chairs have a moveable cushion on the back, held on at whatever height you desire by elastic round the back of the chair. The original elastic had all but lost it's stretch. Could we find any shop that sold such a thing round these parts? No way Pedro.

Finally got some from the Sunday market in flipping Amboise this summer !

9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I know exactly what you mean Jenny. There is a chain of northern shops called Boyes which have small haberdashery departments and one stall on Stockton market once a week but that's it and the ranges are very limited. Binns in Middlesbrough (now House of Fraser) closed their department years ago - but Middlesbrough is pathetic for anything but 5th rate branches of national chains anyway. Even John Lewis in Newcastle had very little when we were there in September. Jill has to get a lot of stuff via the Internet these days.

10. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

My wife made a curtain to seal off our cab area. Four small squares of adhesive velcro keep it in place when required, and then fold it up when not in use. The curtain is only thin but makes a huge difference to the hab. temperatures when it is very cold. We do use an external silver screen but still notice the difference with the curtain in place.:thumb:

11. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

We have a curtain that attaches by press studs just above the windscreen,and,we have a curtain on a track that runs across centre of van so bed and bathroom can be closed off.
    when it's warm,and if we are only staying a night or two,we use the front curtain at night-but in cold weather and if we are staying more than 2 nights we use Taylormade external screens with the panel over the windscreen that can be folded down.We tried cheaper internal screens (Nova) but the condensation was horrendous,and they fell apart at the seams after only a years use.

Mike.