Curious

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by mondo, Jun 15, 2009.

1. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Er indoors has been messing with the sat system and it came up NO SIGNAL RECEIVED and then a number which she said was 29 I've seen the message before but with differing numbers (ie) 29..26..36............ anyone know what the numbers mean or indicate...just a bit curious thats all

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

really helpful this one ,

NO IDEA:Rofl1::Rofl1:

sorry mate...:Blush:

could be degrees east if you have an auto dish.....just a thought

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I know what 42 is.

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

29 is a paella and chips with a pint of lager followed by a gallon of banana yum yum, hee hee

5. Benwick Rambler

Benwick Rambler Read Only Funster

Mondo,

I used to get this message on my Oyster system until quite recently. My problem was caused by an Arab satellite which was located close to the Astra satellite. My Oyster system would go into automatic search mode and then lock-on to the nearby Arab satellite, giving the message “satellite found” on the control box but the TV displayed the message (no satellite signal being received).

This problem could sometimes be solved by lowering the Oyster dish as starting again, but was very hit and miss and could take many attempts to overcome and sometimes not at all.

I discovered at the Oct 08 NEC motorhome show that my Oyster system needed a software upgrade and took the opportunity recently to visit TSC at 12 Denby Lane, Grange Moor, Wakefield, WF4 4ED http://www.1oyster.co.uk The proprietor, Robert Jackson was able to remove my Oyster control box and install the software upgrade in about 30 minutes. I believe he will also do this if you post your Oyster control box to him. Problem now solved for me and Oyster quickly locks-on to the correct Astra satellite.

As I don’t know what type of system you are using, then the above may not be applicable to you. The following link to Sky may also help. http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyhelpcentre/producthelp?nodeId=a18bb219-5076-43c0-990f-d7d97acaca2d&articleId=3571610

Brian

6. Satandpcguy

Satandpcguy Funster

i had a lsit of the error number codes...
    but then one day i decided to try them out....and got three different numbers for when i disconnected the cable from ythe dish...so i did not persue it further....
    maybe it is a random number generator for lottery numbers???