CUMBRIA-Ravenglass up Hard Knot Pass ?? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
D

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
Bloody hell David ! :Eeek::whatthe::Doh:

just re-read your post.....

PS We shall have the 'TOAD' behind us ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

men in white coats are coming for you......you'll NEVER, EVER make it !!!!!!!! not even half way !

Jeeps., Thanks to all., The memory fades with the 'Ageing process' ....and the last time I was up there I was driving a 12 seat mini bus !! I knew it was a super drive & was somewhat hoping thay may have made it into a decent road by now:Blush::Blush: .... [Big lay-byes; viewing points & a cafe stop..:cry:]Perhaps safest way then, is on a 'Mobility scooter' ??:thumb::Eeek: Cheers

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
I don't think that the average motorhome should try it especially with a toad - but as for car drivers - can I ask please, what is covering the road surface?

To me, it looks like tarmac, tons and tons and tons of it.

So how did the tarmac get there - on the back of donkeys?

No, of course not, it was delivered by lorries and laid by heavy machinery and rolled flat by great (probably) steam rollers, looking at the age of it.

Come on, where is your sense of adventure - Volvo estate too long, indeed - do you honestly think they don't have roads similar or worse than this in Sweden or elsewhere in the World?

Dick

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:my sense of adventure was passed with my driving test three months before and only drove a brand new Metro or an old Chevette .... suddenly told my turn to drive the (his) Volvo 245 tank! three kids in the back and him telling me how to drive!!! vehicle was too long; time taken was too long..... all outside the comfort zone! murder was almost committed with one ex-husband being left roadside to become part of the roman relics!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road surface ... patchy tarmac and yes to lay it they have a logistic nightmare!

It is a most beautiful drive in fine weather and the right vehicle WITH the correct skills.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Sell the toad, buy a couple of these suits and enjoy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlbXl77nLXA&playnext=1&list=PLD926C1C79ABFF59D"]Grimselpass[/ame]

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Sell the toad, buy a couple of these suits and enjoy:

Grimselpass

I'd love to have seen the looks on the faces of the motorcyclists as he passed them.............:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Now that's what I call tailgating..............................................:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Indeed.. :thumb:

These are dangerous roads.. ! Link Removed

It seems the Wrynose and Hardknott Passes don't get into the list, but the A77 in Scotland does, probably due to the fact not many people die on the passes.

I know which I'd rather drive the MH on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back