Crystal Palace caravan club nearby parking (1 Viewer)

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi folks, unfortunately we have had to book into a Caravan Club site and have to arrive hours before checkin, can anyone suggest somewhere nearby (very nearby) to the Crystal Palace Caravan Club site, where we could park up - read the paper, walk the dogs, have a brew etc, before we actually que up to enter the site. Very much appreciate your help.

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
Worth telephoning CP site direct and explaining your situation. They may be able to help or suggest a solution.

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
THe reason I left the "Club" a few years ago was the response I got here= not very helpful, suggested I book an extra night. However, due to circumstances we will be arriving in the early hours of Friday morning and can't check-in until around lunch-time - so NEED somewhere to pull in nearby so we do not have to navigate busy traffic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shuismo

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
At the roundabout where you enter the campsite there is a road called Fountain Drive you can go down there where you may be able to park. check on a map and you can find Dulwich wood park all around there you can find lots of roadside parking be careful not to go down College Road as there is a width restriction toll bar.
Good luck.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
The car park at Crystal Palace park is probably the best place (look for junction of Crystal Palace Park Road and Thicket Road) - the park is then on your doorstep for walking the dog and there's a cafe in the park too. If for some reason you can't get in there then I have often found a place to park in the area of Lawrie Park Gardens - it's off the main roads and fairly quiet.
By the way, don't forget that the CC site have an early/late arrival parking area outside the office - I think it's large enough for 2 motorhomes but talk to the wardens - unusually for CC wardens I have found them to be quite helpful!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back