Cruise Control Fitted

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Merle, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Merle

Merle Funster

Just in case any of you are pondering whether to get an aftermarket cruise control fitted I finally got mine done on Friday by Dave Newell. What can I say, the customer care, the professionalism, the actual control unit itself...all superb. It looks as though it was a factory fit and works superbly well, I have had cruise previously on auto boxes so wasn't a complete stranger to the concept but in some ways this unit is actually better....it can be pre-programmed with 2 speeds and just the touch of a button takes the mh to that speed. My journey home today made a 150 mile drive a pleasure, no more aching leg and cramped backside. Well done Dave and thank you :thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  2. petrol tin glyn

petrol tin glyn Read Only Funster

:Eeek:what sort of cost was it:driving2:

3. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

What happens if you are stationary in a fast car and set the CC to 150mph?

Does putting the clutch in disable the CC?

If you are in an auto would it just accelerate straight to 150 mph?

4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Typical operating range for our CC systems is 20mph to 140mph so no it wouldn't zoom off if you hit a button while stationary. When the CC system accelelrates the vehicle it does so in a controlled, progressive and smooth way not just floor the throttle till the required speed is reached then back off. HTH.

To the OP, we're plleased you are happy with our service and work, enjoy your travels.
    D.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Merle

Merle Funster

No no, not just happy...delighted:thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. davejen

davejen Funster

Must agree with Merle, Dave fitted CC to mine along with a Solar panel a short while ago, with similar results, very happy with the system and job in general. This was the second Dave has fitted for us and no problems at all. Cost- a bit over £300, a real bargain (CC) Solar panel was a labour-only job as I already had the panel. Don't forget mention MHF for a 5% discount.
    Cheers, Dave:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Merle

Merle Funster

If you would like to PM me I will tell you how much I paid, but a phone call to Dave Newell would probably be more beneficial unless you are running a 2.8 Pug base unit

• Like Like x 2
  8. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Good isn't he? He fitted ours and I love it. Incredible how much better a long drive is now. Cruise Control came as standard on the car but it rarely gets used but the M/H is a different matter. Makes driving it a real pleasure, best £300 ever spent.. Thanks again Dave.:thumb:

Wyn

• Like Like x 1