Cruise control - bit dropped off

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bernardfeay, May 5, 2014.

1. bernardfeay

bernardfeay Read Only Funster

My cruise control stopped working.

After summoning all my technical expertise and wisdom I took a look at the accelerator pedal. I could see the cable was disconnected from the mechanism. To use the correct wording - the blobby bit had dropped off the end of the wire and it was swinging free.

Anybody (except me) could probably fix this themselves, and so to my question. Who, in the North West does this sort of repair.

I have dealt with Conrad Anderson in the past in Birmingham and they are brilliant, but, it's a long way to Brum for a small job.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if you mean the soldered nipple has come off the actuating wire then try a motorcycle workshop.

many used to make clutch and brake cables and there may still be some mechanics with the knowhow.

you will need to remove it though....i dont thing a mo-ho will fit in a bike workshop. :Laughing:

alternately, you may find something among this lot which will do the job.......no solder required, only a screwdriver.
    simply poke the wire through the nipple and tighten the grub screw..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC1.A0.H1.Xsolderless+cable+nipples&_nkw=solderless+cable+nipples&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Last edited: May 5, 2014