Crossing to the Dark Side (1 Viewer)

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
i recently heard the isle of wight escape committee at long last realised the tunnel they have been digging for years under the solent is dug in the wrong direction. currently a few miles from Guernsey

Not so stupid then are we??

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
You are of course very welcome to the Fun, coming from the Isle of Wight however your opening Gambit is of course flawed.

We have several members from the South Island. Two that come straight to mind are @FIDGET and @2spritelyislanders telyislanders both teams are totally bonkers especially the @FIDGET male.

"On the whole Fun Folk from the North Island are totally sane with one or two exceptions and these folk live in the Southampton Portsmouth area" in other words too close to the south island to evade the bonkers virus. Another example of which is @ROB1CHELSEA1 .

View attachment 158500

OI!!! - I resemble that remark!! ;)

OP
OP
Mr Pogle

Mr Pogle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2017
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since Jan 2017
A warm welcome to Fun @Mr Pogle.
With your bonkers sense of humour you will fit in with this lot very well.
Richard.

Thank you to you @Clarky and everybody else who has been so welcoming.

This forum is leading me to conclude that my initial impressions were correct: motorhomers are indeed a jolly friendly lot of crazy people.
Not sure yet where I sit on the sanity scale, but worryingly I do seem to be fitting right in :giggle:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
What ever you do... don't go to a rally..:Eeek: there's usually lots of drinking and then they lull you in to a false sense of security and then it's too late......:cheers:

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We're all bonkers, one way or another.
People watching is fascinating, even my dog likes to do it!
As to sanity....well.....????
It's being so mad that keeps me sane!

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
[QUOTE="Mr Pogle, post: 2319318, member:]

Experience so far (although sample size not yet statistically significant) is that most motorhomers and caravanners are very friendly and don't actually carry guns. But I do observe that they are also mostly bonkers.

What possible evidence can you have for thinking that we are bonkers? Is it that most of us have houses and yet only seem truly happy when living in a field in the back of a Ford Transit, Peugeot Boxer or Fiat Ducato carrying our own human waste around in a plastic box? :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back